Ford focus 2001 1.6 - Fan not kicking in - Walestaffy

Hi everyone hope someone could help me with my ford focus 2001 zetec se engine. I'm having issues with my engine running hot but my gauge showing it halfway (checks on my friend diagnostic and showing 110c and higher). I have disconnect the temperature sensor inbetween the 2 spark plugs and the fan kicks in on default mode. Change the temperature sensor and it still the same. Coolant level hadn't moved. Fuses are fine. Not sure what else to check?

Ford focus 2001 1.6 - Fan not kicking in - elekie&a/c doctor

Disconnecting the cylinder head temp switch to bring on the fan is an indication that the cooling fan system is working correctly with no electrical issue. Is the engine actually overheating with the coolant bubbling in the expansion tank? The temp gauge on these is not very accurate (in common with many modern cars) .I ran my old Focus for a few miles after a hose blow out ,with very little water in the engine, and the gauge did not move from the centre position. Something else to remember ,the engine temp sensor is not in the coolant on the 1.6 engine .

Ford focus 2001 1.6 - Fan not kicking in - Walestaffy

Thank you for replying elekie&a/c doctor and sorry for late response back. No the coolant isn't bubbling in theexpansiontank. Does thismeant there's nothing anything wrong with the engine. Basically I had an issue with the coil pack not working and miss firing cylinder 4 and thhe engine light cameon,so ask myfriend to put the diagnosticon my car and he was really concerned about thetemperature oftheengine. e

Ford focus 2001 1.6 - Fan not kicking in - elekie&a/c doctor

If there is no overheating or coolant issue , then probably nothing wrong. If the car has working aircon , the fan(s) should cut in with the system switched on.