What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New VW Golf this year? - Mark S
I've heard rumours that VW are restyling the Golf later this year. Is this true? If so is it a major revamp? I was about to import a new 1.6 SE but I'm going to wait until I know more. My local dealer didn't seem to have any knowledge of this.
Re: New VW Golf this year? - chris watson
the only car i can think of is the golf mark 5, it will come in early 2002 as a mpv, but the hatchback comes in late 2002.
Re: New VW Golf this year? - honest john
They migh facelift the Golf Vi for the Frankfurt Motor Show in about a month's time. They are also introducing a Golf 1.8T with the SEAT Leon and Audi TT's 180bhp turbo engine + six speed box. It's just a bit slower than the SEAT due to its boxier shape.

HJ
Re: New VW Golf this year? - Andrew Barnes
HJ

Are you sure that they are releasing a 180 bhp 1.8T? I saw it on the German website, but VW UK said it wasn't coming to the UK?

Andrew
Re: New VW Golf this year? - Andy Bairsto
They are producing an 25th aniversary model gti available in black,silver and red it is to be called the 3000 series here in Germany with over 180bhp .It will have a top speed of 222kph has a 6 speed manual box and will cost from 54,910dm it was tested this week in Auto bild. Whether it will come to UK is unknown to me.
The new Skoda octavia rs also tested this week has atop speed in excess of 235kph and costs just 47,585dm a much better buy
Re: New VW Golf this year? - Andy Bairsto
It has already been previewed in Auto Bild two months back along with the new Polo also with some new Skoda variants.VAG have so many different models built on the same platform it is a wonder they can keep track of them all.
regards Andy Bairsto
Re: New VW Golf this year? - honest john
New Polo: Frankfurt Show, less than a months time. See news item at www.honestjohn.co.uk

HJ