What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - Carman12345

Hello,

Does plugging in a OBD monitor void a cars warranty? I was under the impression it wouldn't, however since I've plugged it in, my car now displays a message saying:

"mercedes me connect services limited"

Does anyone know what this message means?

Edited by Carman12345 on 05/01/2019 at 00:47

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - elekie&a/c doctor

The Obd port is a global access link for anyone with the correct diagnostic kit. Using a 10 bob fits-anything device is likely to cause a problem, as you have found out. Sounds like something has been corrupted. Take it back to the dealer. Hopefully they will sort it for free.

The Obd port is a global access link for anyone with the correct diagnostic kit. Using a 10 bob fits-anything device is likely to cause a problem, as you have found out. Sounds like something has been corrupted. Take it back to the dealer. Hopefully they will sort it for free.

I've just checked the car after I left it overnight and the message has now gone. Thanks for the help though, Won't be plugging that in again.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - Brit_in_Germany

Does your car have integrated me connectivity or does it need the dongle plugged into the obd port?

Does your car have integrated me connectivity or does it need the dongle plugged into the obd port?

It's integrated into mbux on the car.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - edlithgow

MY car has integrated me connectivity, cos its only me that knows how to start it.

Or would want to, TBH.

(Doh, I suppose I'll have to look it up now.)

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - Brit_in_Germany

Here are some links for you

www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-me/connectivity/

www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-me/connectivity/.../

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - edlithgow

Thanks, though Google found it OK.

Hmm...why not, I suppose.

But if it didn't exist, offhand I wouldn't think it was terribly necessary to invent it.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Obd void warranty? - Railroad.

I don't believe that for a second. All cars and light commercials have been EOBD compliant since 2001 for petrol and 2004 for diesels. That legislation includes a set of protocols by which all vehicles must comply. Using a cheap generic scantool may not be the best suited tool for any specific diagnosis, but they're read only devices and should not cause any harm to any controllers or change any parameters.