What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo mk 3 - Mondeo MK3 aux? - Robert Coughlin

I'm hoping someone can help me, I own an 07 Mondeo it's the MK3 shape, I recently tried to connect the aux cable but noticed the existing wire from the stereo has been cut. I bought a knew aux wire which should connect from the back of the cd6000 to the aux input in my glovebox. The problem is the connection doesn't fit, the wire is a 6 prong but the aux socket is only a 4 prong, I have googled and the socket is correct, but every cable I search for gives me the one I have, a 6 prong. Can anyone help me with any info, woudw be greatly appreciated, thanks

Edited by Robert Coughlin on 14/12/2018 at 18:36

Am I right in thinking the 3.5 stereo jack cconnects to the cd player? Or is it the other way around with the jack connecting to the phone?

Ford Mondeo mk 3 - Mondeo MK3 aux? - corax

According to this thread a lot of people had the same problem. It looks like you may have to buy the cd6000 with aux button instead of cddj button, assuming you have this version.

www.avforums.com/threads/aux-in-to-ford-visteon-60.../

My stereo has the aux button though not cddj? I'll try removing the radio again tomorrow (the keys I had were flimsy and useless) and connect from the stereo with the audio jack going to my MP3. Hoping for it to work