What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Old Van - Earn while I drive - ralph278

Some years ago I had a “get rich quick” idea and now I want to exploit it. It’s simple. Arrange one of those extortionate £20 just to connect then plenty more to use the service phone numbers, that pays me. Buy a big, cheap but robust white van. Put a removable sign on the back of the van: "How's my driving? Ring [the extortionate number]". Work my way round the towns and cities of GB, not staying anywhere too long. Sticking to about three-quarters of the applicable speed limit. Observing whether it is safe to proceed for a long time at every green light. Likewise being very careful about turning right when there is a gap in oncoming traffic, often missing opportunities. Carefully changing lane in traffic queues - then changing back - then, sorry, I was right before … Stalling. Letting everyone possible cross or enter the queue in front of me even when it causes a jam. While staying in my lane, positioning myself carefully so as to impede lorries and buses. And so on. I would welcome further suggestions (the Highway Code is a good source of ideas) and also ask HJ readers for advice as to whether I should franchise this idea, or perhaps just buy a few vans for friends and relations? Once I am into profit I would like to upgrade the windows and windscreen(s) of my van(s). Do readers know of any suppliers of unbreakable windows please?

Old Van - Earn while I drive - skidpan

Go ahead. Its so simple I cannot understand why its never been thought of before.

Might even copy it and set up a franchise operation before you get the chance.

Old Van - Earn while I drive - TheGentlemanThug

So, you're planning to knowingly and wilfully obstruct the flow of traffic, which is a non-endorsable offence, just to make a few quid?

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or if this is a joke. I sincerely hope it's the latter, for your sake as much as everyone else's.

Old Van - Earn while I drive - Vitesse6

Stands about as much chance of making you wealthier as St Theresa's brexit deal

Old Van - Earn while I drive - Bolt

So, you're planning to knowingly and wilfully obstruct the flow of traffic, which is a non-endorsable offence, just to make a few quid?

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or if this is a joke. I sincerely hope it's the latter, for your sake as much as everyone else's.

Plenty of drivers drive like that anyway so doubt anyone would use the phone to complain, not worth the hassle or extreme expense imo.

Old Van - Earn while I drive - gordonbennet

Some years ago i worked for a mob who had these freephone moan numbers on the back of the vehicle.

One day i was hauled in the office, asked about an alleged accident i failed to stop for, apparently took the wing mirror off a vehicle on Kew Bridge, so asked for the time of the incident, mid morning, knew immediately i was in the clear as i only ever used that route for the London Boroughs lorry scheme as early as 6am, so i nonchalantly enquired where i went that day assuming they would at least have checked where i went before questioning me....answer, Grimethorpe, no its not just modern management, they've been equally useless for quite some time now.

That was the only complaint i received, funnily enough i had several complimentary ones, no doubt these were mistakes too but i didn't question those :-)

Old Van - Earn while I drive - daveyjp
A friend once worked for a courier business and she had a call from an irate driver complaining about one of their drivers behaviour,

She asked about the incident. Courier had done all sorts apparently.

She then asked what vehcile the caller was driving 'for her records'. He told her and she then went through a long list of what he had done, including agressive tailgating, lane swapping and giving it full beam to get her to pull over in very heavy motorway traffic.

Moaner was totally unaware until,that point that she was the van driver in question.
Old Van - Earn while I drive - nellyjak

LOL..it's either April 1st already...or the OP is actually working for the Government and researching yet another way to extract more money from the motorist.

Old Van - Earn while I drive - Bolt

LOL..it's either April 1st already...or the OP is actually working for the Government and researching yet another way to extract more money from the motorist.

Or they get caught by this? www.driving.co.uk/news/features/revolutionary-dash.../