What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive blue HDi. - Problems with this type of model please? - otter valley

Good Evening .

A Ford garage in Nottingham has the above car on their front site for sale at £9.500.00 and a My Car Check appears to show it had 11,541 miles on the clock at Ist August 2018.

Previous reading was 7.668 miles on 17 August 2017. According to My Car Check.

Have only just seen this car on the forecourt this evening when garage closed.

Car has a 65 plate Reg: CN65 VWL

Question:

Please could you tell me if there are any significant issues that I should look out for with this model.

Thank you.

Brian

Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive blue HDi. - Problems with this type of model please? - Kekettykek

12k in 3 years suggests it has only been used for short journeys which is isn't good for any diesel.

These cars are notorious for water ingress into the engine fusebox, a problem that's been going on since them was launched in 2009.

Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive blue HDi. - Problems with this type of model please? - Railroad.

12k in 3 years suggests it has only been used for short journeys which is isn't good for any diesel.

Especially a modern diesel equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter. Use a car like this for proper mileage, or expect expensive trouble. Annual average mileage is 10-12k per year, but diesels are best suited to high mileage drivers.

Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive blue HDi. - Problems with this type of model please? - otter valley

My thanks to the three people who came back on this. Sorry had not realised it was a diesel otherwise would not have looked at it. My mistake.

I was attracted to it on the forecourt as it had a narrow body and a large amount of space in the back. Would get into my single garage. I would have used it for motorway journeys and local.

I know Honest John favours Jazz cars. Will have to look at those!

Thanks again for advice.

Regards

Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive blue HDi. - Problems with this type of model please? - SLO76
The 1.6 HDi engine is pretty notorious, often referred to as the diesel of doom. Later versions like this are better but turbo failure is still far too common. Also as with all Citroen’s electrical issues are also very common. It’s not what I’d buy with a £10k budget.