What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Saloon MK1 - Rear Anti Roll Drop Bar Links - kesher

Could someone tell me the torque spec setting Please?

Ford Focus Saloon MK1 - Rear Anti Roll Drop Bar Links - elekie&a/c doctor

Don't think there is one,as you are tightening the metal link rod onto rubber/plastic bushes.

Ford Focus Saloon MK1 - Rear Anti Roll Drop Bar Links - John F

If you look on utube there's an american video about the 'sway bar' which says you tighten it so you see two and a half threads of the bolt showing above the nut. But I've just had a look at mine (original) and there's about a centimetre of bolt showing. So I guess it's just a matter of judgement, i.e. tight, but not squashing the bushes too much. Interestingly, the Focus being worked on had double my miles (133,000) on the clock - a tribute to this model's longevity.

If you look on utube there's an american video about the 'sway bar' which says you tighten it so you see two and a half threads of the bolt showing above the nut. But I've just had a look at mine (original) and there's about a centimetre of bolt showing. So I guess it's just a matter of judgement, i.e. tight, but not squashing the bushes too much. Interestingly, the Focus being worked on had double my miles (133,000) on the clock - a tribute to this model's longevity.

Thanks

Don't think there is one,as you are tightening the metal link rod onto rubber/plastic bushes.

Thanks