That insurance ad - sean
Am I the only one who\'s driven nuts by the Direct line insurance ad?
You know, chummy and girlfriend are driving in the beetle when she asks how much he\'s saved on renewing his car insurance.
Ooh about 10%.
That\'s a lot, you must have lots of spare cash, says she.
Loaded, says he.
Right, stop here and you can buy me lunch says she.

I\'d be saying \"If I\'ve saved 10% and that\'s a lot, I\'ve spent 90% and that\'s a lot, you silly, dozy girl\"

Maybe I\'m a bit mean (Yorkshireman)

What do you think?
That insurance ad - Armitage Shanks{P}
Would you buy insurance from a dancing fool and a man in an elephant suit?
That insurance ad - Mondaywoe
It's the Michael Winner ones that annoy me most. Is he intentionally hamming them up or is this just Mr Winner at his most repulsive?
That insurance ad - Dynamic Dave
It's the Michael Winner ones that annoy me most.

But "it's just a commercial"
That insurance ad - Galaxy
C5 Owner,

No, it's just Michael Winner hamming it up, as much as possible by the look of it!
This ad was filmed outside his house, well, the car one, anyway. He also directed it.
That insurance ad - martint123
or a nodding dog,
Or some hasbeen tv presenter.

That insurance ad - glowplug
I really hate the one with the 'parrot' on the shoulder. You know the one that's actually a cockatoo. And before you ask I used to have a African Grey and no it didn't speak with an impediment!

Steve.
That insurance ad - Rob the Bus
If we're talking about annoying car insurance ads, then I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the God-awful one for Diamond. You know, the one with the mum and daughter in a restaurant and the nosey moo of a waitress listening in to their conversation, then all three of the saying 'Diamond!' in varying degrees of incredulation. Eeeuuuuccckkkk! Mind you, daughter's quite cute.
That insurance ad - 3500S
I found the Direct Line one really annoying especially the one at the train station. It's laughable that she knows more about cars than he does. It's doubly annoying as the location looks very familiar and it's driving me nuts (pardon the pun) where it's shot.

As for the others, all equally annoying and as for the Michael Winner I'm not sure who's the more annoying, him or the woman.

I prefer to go for someone that doesn't advertise on TV, that way I'm not funding their marketing campaign with my premiums.
That insurance ad - cockle {P}
I found the Direct Line one really annoying especially the one
at the train station. It's laughable that she knows more
about cars than he does. It's doubly annoying as the
location looks very familiar and it's driving me nuts (pardon the
pun) where it's shot.

It also drives SWMBO mad due to the lack of continuity, next time you see it, watch as the girl comes out of the station with a small wheelie suitcase, at what point is it put in the car???
She doesn't pick it up, neither does the chap, but when you see the long shot of the car driving away it isn't in the road either, spooky....

Cockle
That insurance ad - NorthernKev {P}
AA are rather good at it.

General idea is:
Man acts stupid
Woman puts him right
End of story

Kev
That insurance ad - Clanger
Just remember a Yorkshireman is just a Scot with all the generosity beaten out of him ...
H (Darcy rebranded).

That insurance ad - sean
Thanks for the comparison between Yorkshiremen and Scotsmen.
I was sent up to the very far north of Scotland for a fortnight.
Talk about a bleak and lonely place.
I didn't see a soul for a week.
Then there was a knock at the door.
I answered it to find a 7 foot Scot at the door, replete with kilt.
"I've come to invite you to a ceilidh" he said.
"What's a ceilidh?" says I.
"A lot of drinking, a lot of dancing and A LOT of lovemaking" he said.
"But I don't know what to wear" says I.
"Wear what you like, there'll just be the 2 of us"
!!!!!