What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - bruce mckie
My partner had an accident in January of this year. Unfortunately the car is still with the garage, who cite a lack of available spare parts for this brand new model. It took until September to get a new dashboard, which had to be shipped from India. Currently waiting on some other part to finish the repair. Thankfully her insurance company are still paying for a courtesy car. This car was financed through Ford Options. Having kept the payments up, should she be able to claw back this money, as she has been paying for a car she has not seen for almost a year now. Both the garage and insurance company put the blame firmly at Fords door for not having the ready availability of spare parts.
Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - Falkirk Bairn

Surely the car should have been written off as even £20/day car hire for a year is £7,000!

You have been kept mobile by the Insurer - if there is compensation for lack of parts I feel that that would be due to the Insurer who is footing the bill for carhire.

A stern letter to Fords about poor parts service & vote with your feet & never buy a Ford again.

I had a troublesome Peugeot in 1989 - leaking back window from day 1 -despite 3 replacements & soiled seating from the water - never bought another.

I paid my own money for a direct flight from Middle East to home in early 70s - £250 (£4/5,000 equivalent today - tickets were pricey 45 years ago).

BOAC went on strike & it took 2 days, 3 airlines, 5 planes & instead of 8 hours non-stop.

Flying 2/3 times a month for 25+ years I seldom was on a BA plane - flew anybody rather than BA!

Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - RT

You have been kept mobile by the Insurer - if there is compensation for lack of parts I feel that that would be due to the Insurer who is footing the bill for carhire.

It's difficult to see what financial loss the OP's wife has suffered - although if the courtesy car is significantly smaller/cheaper that could be evaluated - compensated by the lack of miles and wear/tear being put onto the EcoSport.

Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - gordonbennet

I'm not sure if compensation is in order, but i too would be very disappointed to be in this situation, something one might expect from a one man and his dog car maker operating out of their garden shed sourcing odd parts via a laptop from deepest Mongolia.

Agree with the above, vote with feet and buy from a competent caring manufacturer next time, and be sure to tell the Ford top brass all about it.

Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - oldroverboy.

An accident requiring a dashboard would surely have enough collateral damage to write the car off in the not economical repair class?

Ford (and others) have a minimal parts availability.

some bits even on a new car will be unobtainable.

Ford EcoSport - Compensation for lack of spare parts - RobJP

The passenger airbag is behind a 'scored' panel in the dash on most cars. So any accident where that airbag fires will result in the entire dash needing replacement.