What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - fecker
You can 5 litres of Mobil 1 synthetic oil for £25 at Costo warehouses.
Think it's about £45 at Halfords etc....

Only about 7 stores in the country tho - Check www.costco.com for details of a local store
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Michael
£33.99 in Halfords - 4 litre container, not 5 litre.
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - fecker
Oh well - £9 cheaper then.
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - John
No £17.48 pro rata cheaper for 5 litres. Thats if i've done right
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Roger Jones
Surely it's a standard 4-litre pack?
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - fecker
Bloody hell - it was big and black so I assumed it was 5 litres - might be 4. I'll check next time I'm in. Eitherway it's cheaper.

Anyway - you can't get a bottle of Moet in Halfords for £17.
black, my bottles gold.....the moets black though!
whats the membership cost for costco?
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Stu
£24:00 per year.They sell the cheapest tyres in town too. I rebooted a Volvo 360 (don't snigger) for less than a ton, fitted, balanced valves free glue smear around the rim etc etc. Swear by the place.........well recomended
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Martin
Thanks for the tip as I was just about to buy some Mobil One.

Re the tyres:

Cosco Derby are Michelin solus but have the cheapest tyres in the area (as long as you want Michelin).

I have a pal who works for ATS ( a Michelin owned company ) and he cannot believe the low prices Costco advertise.
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Alvin Booth
Martin,
Where in Derby are Costco?
regards

Alvin
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Nick Ireland
Usual GB Limited rip off - all these prices are way over the top. This stuff is made in some refinery in Rotterdam and shipped all over the place with different language labels and different prices! I used to buy Mobil 1 for $2 a litre in the American BXs, (equivalent of NAAFI); they weren't making a loss selling it at that price either.
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - Alvin Booth
Martin,
Thanks for you mail.
I replied to your mail but it was returned with a lot of information about spamming........
Didn,t know what it was until I spent 10 minutes reading how others can use your e-mail account for their own purpose.
Still don't fully understand it but assume that you yourself have put a block on incoming mail for this purpose.
Anyway thanks for your info..
regards

Alvin
Re: Cheap Mobil 1 synthetic oil - David Bell
any opinions about the Chevron synthetic oil that sells in Costco for an even cheaper price??