What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus 2005 1.8 diesel - just some general help - gantyz

i went threw water a few months ago but managed to revive my car ive had my started motor replaced but after doing this my battery light came on and ive tested battery it was fine the reading being as been told 12v.5 6 is it the alternator but when putting lights eletrics on it didnt dim and ive checked all fuses in fuse box they were all fine non blown or cracked ive had two macanics look at my car they have said alternator but anthor has said it is because the starter has not been wired up propley but the two macanics have said it was wired up propley just that because my car got flooded it now had a new starter which has now has current goin to alternator which is problem is this true i dnt no what to believe or do as ive took alternator off to get new one any advice would help so i can no for future reference as im no macanic myself thank you

ford focus 2005 1.8 diesel - just some general help - Cyd

I can't make head nor tail of that. Can anyone else?

ford focus 2005 1.8 diesel - just some general help - galileo

I can't make head nor tail of that. Can anyone else?

Could, but can't be bothered with the effort.

Must be a worthy Guinness Record entry for the longest sentence in (almost) English.

ford focus 2005 1.8 diesel - just some general help - Oli rag

I would take it to a competent auto electrician. It's too expensive to throw parts at an unknown fault.

ford focus 2005 1.8 diesel - just some general help - phillip b

Hi gantyz I am a nvq lvl 3 mechanic currently doing my nvq lvl 4 as a master tech first things first the starter motor is very difficult to wire up wrong you will have a 12v power supply going to the positive terminal on the starter tryingto connect it to earth will only make it spark. the earth is usually done through the body I assume you have no problems starting and running the vehicle? hence your able to have the battery light come on when it's running. Plus if it cranks it means the signal wire going to the starter motor solenoid is OK and connected in the right place. The battery light being on is usually always to do with the alternator I assume you have a multimeter have you checked the charging voltage of the battery when the car is running?

Phill