What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus 2004.75 1.6 TDCI/ManDiesel 48000 miles - Engine cuts out without warning - malcolm4664

Just had a major service including fitting a new Eolys catalytic system. Prior to this car ran faultlessly, Cat change was unexpected. Now car has a habit of cutting out after less than 10/20 miles. Starts immediately again on the key. As you can imagine not very safe on the Motorway. No warning on service indicator. Any ideas please on the problem please before I return to the Ford dealer as I have lost confidence with Mr Ford at the moment.

ford focus 2004.75 1.6 TDCI/ManDiesel 48000 miles - Engine cuts out without warning - Railroad.

You have to go back to the Ford dealer. You say they've just serviced it, and you've paid good money for that, so they're oblidged to fix it free of charge. I would not go anywhere else or attempt any repairs yourself, otherwise you might just give the dealer a way out.