What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - paint overspray - Bantha

Recently had repair work on front bumper og car and am left with some paint overspray leaving a matt finish, what is best way to remove and get back to glossy finish. Would t-cut or perhaps a clay bar do it?

Ford Focus - paint overspray - skidpan

Overspray Clay bar is your friend. I have used the normal Megiars one on surface contaminants and it works brilliantly but I think the more aggresive overspray ones are available on the web. Make sure you get their recommended lubricant.

Ford Focus - paint overspray - Bantha

Overspray Clay bar is your friend. I have used the normal Megiars one on surface contaminants and it works brilliantly but I think the more aggresive overspray ones are available on the web. Make sure you get their recommended lubricant.

Thanks for that. How long do I need to wait before using the clay bar, as the paint is still quite soft, only a few days old?

Ford Focus - paint overspray - skidpan

Thanks for that. How long do I need to wait before using the clay bar, as the paint is still quite soft, only a few days old?

Read the instructions.

Or ask the manufacturer.