Ford Focus - Temperature gauge - rover420

Ford Focus 1.8TDCi zetec 2009. When towing the temperature qauge will suddenly rise to max. but take foot off and goes straight back to normal. This is known for 2006/7 Fords per the fix in 2008 but Ford and local main dealers have no knowledge of this for my model or age of car. Can anybody give me details to pass on to Ford to fix this please. It has to be a Ford recognised fix as Ford will not talk to me unless I can give them their own references.

Ford Focus - Temperature gauge - elekie&a/c doctor

You might find the info here,but may have to pay for a days subs.Btw,how many of these Focus models do you have???www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/home.do;jsessionid=F...6

Sorry duplicate entry. Regret the link has already been searched by Ford and their local main agents with no success. Thanks for replying.

Ford Main Agents have now traced the Ford Fix and it applies only to models made in 2006/07. They say there is no history of this fault on newer cars, despite the chatter on the internet. So the car now has to be plugged in to the Ford computers to see what is going on.