Peugot 207 1.4 VTI - 207 coolant sensor - mivec
My wife has a 1.4 VTI which is sluggish in starting and has an erratic dashboard temp. display. Research indicates that this may be due to a faulty engine coolant sensor but where is it? I have searched high and low but am unable to locate it! I assume it has one so any help in finding it would be much appreciated.

Peugot 207 1.4 VTI - 207 coolant sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

The coolant temp sensor sits in the plastic thermostat housing,located at the end of the cylinder head,above the gearbox.It is a push fit into a rubber o-ring and secured with a U clip.Very common for the sensor to leak and the coolant corodes the connector,and if you are very unlucky,the coolant migrates up the wiring to the engine control unit and corodes the connector pins to it.

The coolant temp sensor sits in the plastic thermostat housing,located at the end of the cylinder head,above the gearbox.It is a push fit into a rubber o-ring and secured with a U clip.Very common for the sensor to leak and the coolant corodes the connector,and if you are very unlucky,the coolant migrates up the wiring to the engine control unit and corodes the connector pins to it.

Thanks for this but I cannot see it. All I can see is a rubber hose at the bulkhead end of the stat secured with a clip. Is this it? I have taken the clip off but the hose still seems quite secure and dioes not appear to be large enough to take the sensor.

Peugot 207 1.4 VTI - 207 coolant sensor - Gibbo_Wirral

Here you go:

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/gibbo501/207watert...l

Gibbo, thanks again but mine does not have a sensor on top of the stat housing? Could it be built in i.e. integral with the stat housing?

If you post the last 8 digits of your VIN I'll get the exact parts diagram for your car.

Hi, the last 8 digits of vin as below.

AE083521

Really appreciate your help.

Same diagram I'm afraid, just has more accurate information in part number 1.

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/gibbo501/207water....l

s26.photobucket.com/user/gibbo501/media/207water2....l

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 17/08/2015 at 13:38