What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka 1.3 Style Climate 2008 - Upgrade to height-adjustable driver's seat? - mike160304

The 2008 Zetec Climate version has height-adjustable driver's seat but the Style has not. Is it feasible to find a used height-adjustable seat from the breakers network and to fit it?

But on an alleged Zetec Climate Ka 2008 car I looked at, the height-adjust mechanism felt a bit naff and under-engineered - any comments, please?

Ford Ka 1.3 Style Climate 2008 - Upgrade to height-adjustable driver's seat? - jc2

It's a Fiat-what do you expect?

Ford Ka 1.3 Style Climate 2008 - Upgrade to height-adjustable driver's seat? - mike160304

It's a Fiat-what do you expect?

I didn't know that.

Ford Ka 1.3 Style Climate 2008 - Upgrade to height-adjustable driver's seat? - RobJP

It's built in the same factory as the 500, and on the same floorpan as the 500. However, I imagine that the seats, etc will be different, in design if not in sturdiness.

The thing is, you are buying a car that is built down to a price. So the height adjusters aren't going to feel the most sturdy things on the planet.

Ford Ka 1.3 Style Climate 2008 - Upgrade to height-adjustable driver's seat? - skidpan

A 2008 Ford KA could be either the current model or the original one.

The current one is based on the same floor as the Fiat 500 and built in Poland.

The original one was based on the Fiesta floorpan and was built by Ford.

The 1.3 in the original was a petrol.

The 1.3 in the current one is a diesel, the petrol is a 1.2.

So which model is it?

A 2008 Ford KA could be either the current model or the original one.

The current one is based on the same floor as the Fiat 500 and built in Poland.

The original one was based on the Fiesta floorpan and was built by Ford.

The 1.3 in the original was a petrol.

The 1.3 in the current one is a diesel, the petrol is a 1.2.

So which model is it?

Thanks, very helpful. It is the original Ford Ka.

It's a pity that the name "Ka" was kept for the 2nd generation.

Talking cosmetics only, the original is a design icon. A visionary drew some sweeping lines with a pencil and the result is timeless.

The 2nd generation Ka looks like it was designed by a committee, however brilliant it may be in its function.

But it's all subjective, there will never be consensus about cosmetics.

My problem is finished, I bought a Kia Picanto 1.1 Strike 2009, with an engineered height-adjustable driver's seat.

Thanks for all the comments.

Edited by mike160304 on 25/07/2015 at 10:09

It's built in the same factory as the 500, and on the same floorpan as the 500. However, I imagine that the seats, etc will be different, in design if not in sturdiness.

The thing is, you are buying a car that is built down to a price. So the height adjusters aren't going to feel the most sturdy things on the planet.

Thanks.