What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - Krell

Hi there.. I own Honda CR-V MK3 2012, 2.0 Petrol, 150ks, Manual and AWD.

In this moment i have 36000 km on the clock, and probably i'll need to replace brake pads. What Brake pads do u recommend compatible with the stock Discs, and with same or better quality with stocks?

What kind of Maintence and replacement of parts do u recommend on 40000 km?

Thanks

Darko

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - gordonbennet

I'm assuming you're not in Britain, so haven't a clue what the makers warranty would be wherever you are.

If you lived in Britain i would suggest you stick with the Honda main dealer for servicing and parts for at least one and probably two years after makers warranty expires, thats in order to benefit from Honda's excellent reputation of standing by their product/customer in case something serious goes wrong.

You can't expect goodwill from the maker if you show no goodwill to them by removing maintenance from them the second official warranty expires.

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - Cris_on_the_gas

At service interval of 12k miles or 20k km or once a year the brake calipers, pads and discs should be examined and if pads have sufficient material until next service interval then nothing is required.

Wear on brake pads is very much down to way car is driven.

As you have done 36k km and car is 43 years old surely must have been serviced. If this has been done according to manufacturers requirement then yo have no worries.

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - Falkirk Bairn

www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/servicing-and-repairs/.../

Link is to UK Servicing - your country might advise a different pattern but the above will give you some ideas for what is checked/replaced at 3 years or 37500 miles (60,000Km)

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - focussed

I see no reason not to use genuine Honda parts, their brake pad kits usually contain the correct self-locking bolts, pins clips shims etc and at these prices are not expensive.

www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2007-2012-crv-brake-discs-...l

I am in France and buy all my Honda parts from them, they will ship in a couple of days.

Not an advert-I'm just a customer, having had the runaround on shipping costs and card payments from a large dealer in East Anglia I now use these people.

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - Falkirk Bairn

Cox Motor Parts - used them 2.5 years ago when I bought my new car - all bits & bobs - ordered & then delivered within 2 days - the discount effectively covers the VAT charge that is added to list prices quoted.

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - gordonbennet

Strewth, brakes made from unobtanium, i bought a set of genuine Mintex discs and pads all round under £130 for the Subaru Outback, and rear pads and discs for the Landcruiser same brand for under £70, can see why the OP might be asking about other sources.

Maybe if it needs new pads, unlikely it will need discs, buy something decent slip them in and don't tell 'em Pike.

Edited by gordonbennet on 12/06/2015 at 09:53

Honda CR-V MK3 2.0 150 ks petro, manual - Brake pads, and suggested maintence on 40000 km - Krell

Thanks a lot for u'r reply. Im asking for aftermarket becouse i wanted to know if there is maybe better solution then the stock (in term of performance). Probably i'll end with the stock Honda pads. Small problem is that official sercice here asked 150 eur for pair of front pads which is a big difference compared with prices i can see on the net for the same partnumber. Probably i'll order from the link u provide

Thanks a lot to everyone else in this thread.

BTW, when is the time to replace the sparks? And when to adjust valves? It's interesting that here on 20000 km they replace differential fluid, which i cant see in the regular service manual on this mileage.

Krell, i understand where you are coming from re performance.

The stock Sumitomo front pads on my 2007 Hilux had little 'bite' and i didnlt like the feel at all, being a new model vehicle at the time good branded pattern friction parts were very difficult to find, after about 12 months of my ownership TMD released the correct part under the Mintex brand name.

I bought a set and slipped them in, which brought a noticeably better braking feel to the vehicle and much lighter pedal pressure for a given stopping power.

If you want to go aftermarket to get better feel or bite then in my experience you wouldn't go far wrong with any of TMD group's friction products, thats Textar (OE on BMW Merc etc) Mintex and i believe Pagid too, i've all those makes with excellent results, just happen to have found an excellent online supplier of the Mintex brand at unbeatable prices, so sticking with those for now, no regrets, though as noted above no extras in the box such as bolts/shims/springs.

Ferodo used to be superb and my friction supplier of choice years ago giving a light pedal action with good stopping power, no doubt still are like that, but now very difficult to find and unless i'm much mistaken seem to have gone more for the sporting market and priced accordingly.