What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - Tribute

My two year old CR-V occasionally on starting up from cold flashes -40C and shows a misreading for a couple of days. At such times the IdleAuto Stop Alarm appears and sounds (approx 30 times recently in a 90 mile trip). This problem has persisted since October, any ideas how to rectify things ?

HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - Falkirk Bairn

2 year old CRV - Take it to the dealer - it's a 3 year 90K warranty.

HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - thunderbird

2 year old CRV - Take it to the dealer - it's a 3 year 90K warranty.

But its not under warranty if it has not been serviced correctly.

HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - Falkirk Bairn

No Service Schedule - The oil may not have been changed so any cover on the engine is void.

There is no service schedule for the outside temp sensing so it will be covered. As will anything else that is not looked at during the annual/12,000 mile service.

I had warning lght issues with an older Honda @ about 80K - the tip I was given was to disconnect battery for 10-15 minutes & reconnect - cleared my warning light. Sold the car @ 93K

HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - thunderbird

No Service Schedule - The oil may not have been changed so any cover on the engine is void.

There is no service schedule for the outside temp sensing so it will be covered. As will anything else that is not looked at during the annual/12,000 mile service

Seen this written on many forums but never actually met anyone who had found it to be true.

Not servicing will give the manufacturer a get out of jail free card and only the brave would dare risk taking the manufacturer to court.

HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - dadbif
Open window? Cold? Shut window, turn heater on....
HONDA CR-V - EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE PROBLEM - Tribute

I have taken the CR-V back to the dealer on three or four occasions, problem persists, will continue to take it to the dealer but they do not seem to be able to resolve the matter so far.