What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - brightspark

they both seem to have the same performance I enjoyed the test drive in both (both cars are new), being non technical I would value your advice on which you consider the best buy

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - DirtyDieselDogg

A few more details might help.

Age, any infirmities, proposed use of car, engine choice, gearbox choice, petrol or diesel, urban or motorway driving proposed?

Single occupancy or 4 up?

Wor son prefers the Hyundai i20 to the Yaris, though the difference in the purchase cost has a bearing on that preference.

regards

Marcus

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - Falkirk Bairn

New model Jazz due soon - new style, new engine....not just a makeover.

Hold off for clearance discounts of old model or buy the new one.

Buying new just now is not the best timing IMHO

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - Avant

Horses for courses to some extent. The Jazz is roomier and the seat arrangement is more versatile, but it has the image of being driven by the elderly (if that matters to you; it wouldn't to me).

The Yaris is a bit better to drive but the boot is quite a lot smaller. In either case go for the larger engine, and avoid diesel unless you do a very high annual mileage. Bear in mind also the point just made above about the new model Jazz which is about to come out. There could then be good deals on the current model, but resale values would be lower.

On balance I would go for the 1.3 petrol Yaris unless you need the space.

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - daveyK_UK

Some good deals on the current Jazz, more on the way as a complete new Jazz model is due out soon.

An alternative that is already being heavily discounted is the Nissan Note.

In petrol manual form it will be reliable.

I think it was pentagon who had brand new accenta premium 1.2 Note's for £9999 which is incredible value when you see what sort of kit you get.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 23/03/2015 at 22:28

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - NARU

My wife was a huge Jazz fan, and I expected the choice of her new car to be an easy one - this was a year ago.

However ... she found the new Jazz to be over complicated - especially the switchgear. She surprised us both by going for the Yaris instead. Especially as I was able to find one with the 'touch and go' satnav.

She's still very happy with it, but misses the magic seats.

honda jazz or toyota yaris - which should I choose - madf

We had a choice three years ago. The Yaris boot floor is not flat: teh bit needed to make it so was £80.. The seats do not fold flat.

These are important issues when carrying: multipurpose compost, bee hives full of bees, insulation, cement, luggage and plants.

The electric door mirrors on a Yaris do not fold flat unless you get out and do it manually: the Jazz's do. An issue if you park a lot in town..

The Jazz auto is very smooth..