What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic '54 reg, 1.6 petrol auto - Honda D16V1 Engine Throttle Position Sensor fault - braniff7

Good Day All,

The (intermittent) fault code is P0122, "Throttle Position Sensor A/Accelerator Position Sensor A - Low Input" is the explanation.

I didn't think it had the APS.

Anyway, its not practical for me to remove the TPS from the throttle body when there are spare bodies with sensors on the Bay for £26, and Honda want hundreds for a new unit.

Is the throttle body replacement with a second hand unit a reasonable course of action? Does it need calibration afterwards? Could anything else have thrown the fault?

The car is several hours away, in a barn near Durham, so I need to plan for every eventuality and equip myself with everything I need before setting off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't yet found any help through a Civic forum.

Many thanks - braniff7

Honda Civic '54 reg, 1.6 petrol auto - Honda D16V1 Engine Throttle Position Sensor fault - focussed

Give this company a call-if they don't know nobody does.

www.remmington.info/contact.html