What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - Geordie1

Intended cash purchase without a part ex and looking for best possible deal in UK. Considering using a well established internet broker but would prefer to deal direct with an MB dealership. Any info from personal experience of a likely interested dealership would be greatly appreciated.

New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - RobJP

A broker will most likely be able to get a better deal than you, unless you've got the negotiating powers of a jedi. Some of the brokers have been around for a while. The network of contacts they have built up is extraordinary, and they will have a reputation as repeat customers, and for not messing around dealerships.

So, you have a choice. You either get a mild to moderate discount, and deal direct with the dealership, or you get a bigger discount, and go through a broker.

Your money, your call.

New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - daveyjp
Broker deals may still be tied in to dealer finance offers, Mercedes often have £1500-2000 dealer contribution on deals with their finance.

You can often take advantage of the finance deal, but then pay the loan off immediately. A dealer will advise, but get whatever is agreed in writing.

Edited by daveyjp on 05/12/2014 at 19:18

New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - Avant

Many reputable brokers, like Drivethedeal, use UK dealers anyway. Their downside in most cases is that they don't do PX - but as that's not a problem for you you've nothing to lose by trying some brokers.

Many thanks for your responses...just thought I would update you. Based upon the best prices from well known reputable brokers, I decided to carry out my own negotiations direct with Mercedes Benz dealerships over the phone. The OTR price of the car to my spec was £34,500 and within a couple of hours of haggling I negotiated a cracking deal with a discount of £4,600 which was several hundred pounds less than the best broker deals. Definately worth the effort and very satisfying from the all important financial perspective.

New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - John Boy

Well done! Thanks for coming back and telling us. It's always good to read a positive story. Enjoy the car!

New C Class Estate - Mercedes Benz Proposed Purchase - Ed V

It's a car on my radar. Can I ask why you chose it, and if you tried any of its competitors?

It's a car on my radar. Can I ask why you chose it, and if you tried any of its competitors?

I have previously owned Mercs and just happen to prefer their style over the competition. The latest model is a very attractive design and the Estate best suits my lifestyle. To my eye the Estate even looks better than the Saloon variant .Being a low annual milege user I chose the petrol powered C200 Sport with the auto 'box and Premium package. I was very impressed on the test drive of this model and the standard kit is generous which includes Sat Nav, Rear Parking Camera, Automatic Parking Facility, Auto Tailgate open / close feature and a host of others. Indeed the only extras that I have opted for other than the Premium Package is Metallic paint and the Fineline dark wood trim. The overall build quality is way up on previous models and the interior is particularly outstanding.

Edited by Geordie1 on 07/12/2014 at 23:33