What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA - Log book - Mememe82
Hi

I owned my Ka from new then traded it in to Ford who sold it to an auction. I recently saw that it was written off......but it says previous owners 1 (me I'm guessing!). Doesn't the Auction house or even Ford get logged as an owner even for a short period of time?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!
Ford KA - Log book - skidpan

Not if its in "Trade".

Ford KA - Log book - Falkirk Bairn

Garages do not normally register cars unless they are going to use them for staff purposes. Most cars taken as a t/i are auctioned or traded to ANother dealer if older (say 3 yrs) or do not suit their dealer standards.

Many main dealer franchises will not sell cars over 3 yrs / 50k unless they are a prestige brand. Recently however I, have seen main dealers s flogging £3,000 cars - in the past they were traded right away but in this climate a sale is a sale.

Edited by Falkirk Bairn on 27/10/2014 at 15:50

Thank you both.

So the auction is also classed as trade? Am I then right in thinking that another garage could have bought it even, before an owner finally was found and registered it?

Thanks.

Edited by Mememe82 on 27/10/2014 at 16:15

Ford KA - Log book - RT

The auction house doesn't own the cars - they auction them on behalf of their owners, the Ford dealership you traded-in to in this case - so no change of ownership involved the auction.

Got it, thank you! :)