What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Used car with best interior? - redcard

I've got a budget of around £4K-£5K and I'm trying to find something with a nice interior.

The nicest I've seen is probably a 2007/8 Civic. Anyone got anything comparable, or nicer?

Edited by redcard on 14/10/2014 at 18:39

Honda Civic - Used car with best interior? - Bolt

Odd question that as not all Civics are marked on the back, ie the Si has half leather,Type R is full leather but not certain of the S those are the only ones marked on the rear that I know of

I think thats one you will have to look around for as some also have more gadgets than others parking sensors, sat nav,

Just check all electrics are working ok

Honda Civic - Used car with best interior? - focussed

I've been running an 07 model year Type S Civic since buying it prereg in 07.

The dash layout, instruments and controls are awesome and put most other cars to shame IMHO for clarity, layout and function.

I don't quite know what you mean when you say interior but my Type S has cloth seats which I prefer over leather as they are cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

If I need to get somewhere a long way away quickly, in comfort and with reasonable economy I always take the Civic.

Never had any problem with the electrics.

Honda Civic - Used car with best interior? - redcard
I meant the dash layout rather than seating etc so you've basically confirmed my own thoughts!

Thanks
I meant the dash layout rather than seating etc so you've basically confirmed my own thoughts! Thanks

only thing to watch is the display with heater speed temp time on it, the backlight can cause problems with the display, so switch sidelights on and if the numbers partly dissapear or dim the unit needs replacing its common on them not certain why but could be dry soldered joints

That isn't a problem with the centre display-that's just a Honda quirk. If the display dims when the exterior lights are turned on, simply turn the brightness up again on the instrument dimmer control.

That isn't a problem with the centre display-that's just a Honda quirk. If the display dims when the exterior lights are turned on, simply turn the brightness up again on the instrument dimmer control.

If that worked fair enough, but bits of the numbers can be seen but very dim, where other parts of the figure 8 are brighter its a fault, not a quirk, its mentioned on the honda forums as well

To correct it you can take panel off and re solder all joints,but most replace it

I have the problem but will replace it a bit later as its not too bad

I searched the Honda forums that I belong to and couldn't find any reference to this problem - if you have an ongoing problem with this suggest you contact:-

www.remmington.plus.com/contact.html

They seem to be able to repair just about anything.

Thanks for that.

Problem I mentioned is here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/101376-radio-time-ac-display-have-problem-please-help.html

with photo of problem

Ok - fair enough, didn't manage to find that on the same forum-hope you are handy with a soldering iron! The last car I had this sort of problem with was a Volvo 480 turbo - lovely car -disgraceful, desperately unreliable dashboard electronics - got it working and sold it !

Ok - fair enough, didn't manage to find that on the same forum-hope you are handy with a soldering iron! The last car I had this sort of problem with was a Volvo 480 turbo - lovely car -disgraceful, desperately unreliable dashboard electronics - got it working and sold it !

Took me ages to find it, I read if you do solder it yourself it won`t last long,but I like the car so will buy new unit, problem is not that common just annoying, easy to install as well,

Its 8 years old now and have to expect some bits to go wrong though this is the first so cannot complain very reliable car imo

Thanks for info