What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - winker

I've asked HJ about this but welcome allcomers.

I have owned C Class 220CDI's for 10 years and been happy with performance,mpg,engineering. But the seats aren't great. I'm 6ft 3in,age 61,med build,and after a drive of 2 hours I get out of car as stiff as a board. Yes! may be me,but my Y reg Ren Kangoo van worth nowt is more comfortable than my £20 k Merc!!!

So I want a german car with French seats??

Any ideas.

PS I like diesel,but mileage doesn't really warrant it (12000),and prefer autos.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - 72 dudes

You need a Volvo. Seriously, they have the best seats in the car world. Saab were also great but we know what happened to them.

The nearest equivalent to a C Class would be the current S60. Petrols are thin on the ground but the D3/D4 diesel engines are good. Avoid the D2, performance to too leisurely.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - iFocus

Try Honda Accord seats, the 2002-2008 model are some of the most comfortable seats I've sat in!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - coopshere
Having owned/used the Accord and Volvo S60 I second the seat comfort.

The only comfortable long distance German car seat I've sat in is in the top end S Class Mercedes which is probably also the only "French Style" ride you will get in a Germanic car.

Maybe you should widen your horizon and look at other non German models too, who knows, you may be surprised.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - Happy Blue!
You may find that a small crossover like the new Qashqai or Honda CRV offers a better ride that most saloons as they need to build in some suppleness into the suspension to cope with the higher ride height.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - YG2007

Beleive it or not a major contributory factor to getting out of the car after 2 hours as stiff as a board is the size of tyre you have on your car. the fashionable rubber band away from a race track, cost more, wears quicker and in real world driving is no better than the equivalent taller aspect ration tyre fitted to a smaller wheel. These ultra low aspect ratio tyres transmit a lot of high frequency vibration into the car some of which makes its way into your back. Test the alternatives by all means and ensure the squab supports your leg and then consider what wheel tyre combination the car will be supplied with

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - corax

According to a chiropractor, the Skoda Yeti is one of the best.

sundialclinics.co.uk/conditions/backpain/back-pain.../

As always, it depends on your body shape. I find many Japanese seats too short in the squab.

Never driven a Volvo, but sat in an S80 and didn't want to get out !

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - German build quality+French comfort - Ed V

The Citroen C5 launch advertisement back in 2008, was titled "Unmistakably German", and effectively said that we French have had to build this car like the Germans have for 40 years, otherwise no-one will buy Citroens anymore.

My interest - I have one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQnPWjK5pE