What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.6 2001 plate. - Heater blower motor....blown - argybargy

Hi All

I need to source a heater blower motor for a 2001 Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia.

The car has air con; does that make a difference to the type of blower fitted? I seriously doubt it, but something that someone else said has put a doubt in my mind. Haynes makes no mention of two types of blower for the model.

Dealer prices are.utterly ridiculous, so I'm going to look at Ebay and breakers. Just need to know that I'm hunting down the right part.

Cheers.

Edited by argybargy on 20/01/2014 at 17:15

Ford Focus 1.6 2001 plate. - Heater blower motor....blown - skidpan

Don't bother with e-bay, if you get the wrong part or it does not work its a load of hassle. Get one from a local yard, make sure it from an air con model of the same age, should be plenty out there.

If you start having to disconnect refrigeration pipes get the system correctly drained down first.

Ford Focus 1.6 2001 plate. - Heater blower motor....blown - elekie&a/c doctor

Blower motors are the same a/c or not.There is nothing to disconnect as the motor sits behind the glove box.About 20 mins work.Have you tried Euro parts?they do many after market motors.hth

Ford Focus 1.6 2001 plate. - Heater blower motor....blown - argybargy

Thanks for your responses. Looking at Haynes it seems like a pretty simple procedure, so the only thing I was unsure about was whether the blower had to be aircon specific or not. Good news that it isn't.

I'm still tempted to browse Ebay, but I'll check out Euro parts and the breakers too.

Thanks again.