What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Which car to buy? Need assistance - liam999uk
Basically i'm going to trade in a 2007 ford focus 2.0 tdci titanium but i'm undecided about what car to get next.
The ones i have been looking at are as follows:

2010 BMW 320d efficent dynamics, 61K, £11000
2010 Honda Civic EX 2.2 cdti, 45K, £10500
2010 VW Passat R Line tdi 110, 30K, £9950
2011 VW Golf GT Tdi 2.0 140, 41K, £11000

They are the ones i most fancy but which one should i go for? Is the extra mileage of the BMW something to worry about? Im a bit torn between them all so rightly or wrongly i want some more opinions!!!! So what would you buy from that list?

Cheers all.
Which car to buy? Need assistance - oldroverboy.

Be aware that all you are thinking of buying are probably ex lease, surely out of manufacturers warranty, and have they been serviced correctly. personally would avoid vag products, read the owners clubs and look up problems. If you go for the beemer, it is rear wheel drive, the honda is ugly to me. (personal opinion)

But Whatever, be very careful about all of them, and if possible buy from the marque main dealer with their own warranty.

Good luck.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 29/12/2013 at 16:44

Which car to buy? Need assistance - liam999uk
I agree with that. The Bmw i've looked into more than the rest to be honest. It has more miles but it is in immaculate condition hardly a mark on it anywhere. It has been a fleet car and from the paperwork i have seen not needed anything other than tyres and brake discs/pads but in a way that smells like something due to go wrong!!! I can't afford new or else i would buy one!
Which car to buy? Need assistance - oldroverboy.

Out of all of them, BMW if you can get the right deal and warranty, don't forget any warranty is expensive toilet paper if is not manufacturer backed. but if your car is not auto, the quotes for a 2 year warranty via the comparison website reach silly figures and with the exclusions the same amount of money will pay for something any way. from what you say you seem to have researched well so let us know what you choose, and hopefully you'll find aa good indy for servicing. BMW deaaler prices tend to be eyewatering,

Which car to buy? Need assistance - Avant

Sorry to be negative, but I wouldn't buy any of those, for the simple reason that I wouldn't buy a 3-4-year-old diesel. There are too many appendages on modern diesel engines, added in the interest of the environment and/or noise suppession - which fail expensively at higher mileages.

You'll find - at least at the moment - that a petrol-powered version of the same car will cost you less initilly to compensate foir higher fuel consumption.

Also you might consider cars that don't hold their value quite as well as BMW, VW or Honda, and which will be cheaper for you to buy secondhand. Maybe consider a Volvo, Skoda or Mazda. The diesel Mazda 6 is a money-pit, but the petrol has a very good reputation both for reliability and for being good to drive,

I should perhaps add that Ford diesels seem to have fewer of these problems even at high mileages - but no doubt you're looking for a change.

Edited by Avant on 29/12/2013 at 19:49