What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Econetic 1 Ltr 125ps 2013 - Tuning - SULLI1432

Hi there

I have just purchased an Econetic and find it poorly aspirated, I wish to instal a Viper Induction kit to it compensate for this. However have only found one for a Fiesta Turbo of the same engine size and cylinders. Any advice?

I am also thinking of boosting the PB Valve, again any recommendations??

+ any advice of spark plugs, Distributor and HT leads???

Great little motor when you turn the eco crap and the traction control off ;) Also uses less petrol while providing power when required.

Ford Focus Econetic 1 Ltr 125ps 2013 - Tuning - craig-pd130

Induction kits very rarely make a significant difference to power & torque output, especially in turbocharged cars. The ignition system is probably the same - it may already be factory fitted with expensive spark plugs and direct ignition.

If you want more power, a remap is probably the most effective route.

Ford Focus Econetic 1 Ltr 125ps 2013 - Tuning - Collos25

All these after market gismos are at best useless the only way to make the car go faster is firstly you have to as stated above remap the ECU something I would not advise.

Ford Focus Econetic 1 Ltr 125ps 2013 - Tuning - unthrottled

I have just purchased an Econetic and find it poorly aspirated,

How did you come to this conclusion? With a manometer? As has been pointed out above factory intakes are usually better than they look and a turbo can compensate for any small pressure drop across the airbox.

125hp is the highest output this engine is offered in. If you need more, the ST might have been a better option!

+ any advice of spark plugs, Distributor and HT leads???

Your engine has coil-on-plug distributerless ignition...

Ford Focus Econetic 1 Ltr 125ps 2013 - Tuning - thunderbird

Are you a trained technician with years more experience than the Ford engineers who developed the car. Of course not.

Change any component under the bonnet and you will lose your warranty and wipe £££££'s off its value.

If this is not spam (which judging by your total lack of knowledge it almost certainly is) you simply bought the wrong car.