What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - New Jazz - groaver

Well, a real mixed bag this time.

Under-wheeled but it should ride better for it.

Too many creases for my liking externally and cheap looking inside.

Mechanically it will no doubt be to their high standards.

tinyurl.com/nghzrvc

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Trilogy

groaver, you've beaten me to it. Honda know how to make an attractive car ugly. First with the Civic, now this ugly duckling. The Accord seems to be on the way out. I can see Honda's market share falling.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Bobbin Threadbare

It looks like a Kia.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Armitage Shanks {p}

Never mind some of the bizarre Jazz colours - Metallic Salmon Pink is one!

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Avant
Let's see if Honda have the commercial oomph this time to make the 1.5 engine available in the UK.
Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Chris M

Am I the only one here who thinks Honda don't know how to make a good looking car?

There is only one of their cars I'd like to see on my drive - the S2000. The others may have excellent engineering and 1st rate quality, but they look poo.

Am I the only one here who thinks Honda don't know how to make a good looking car?

Mazda excepted, tell me which Japanese manufacturer makes a good looking car?

Honda seem to be the worse as I am sure it has also affected their perceived (or otherwise) image of making well engineered, quality cars.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Chris M

The only "good" looking Mazda is the MX5, some of the others are OK and as for the 5 and CX-5, I'll take the Jazz.

I look at some of the beautifully designed cars from the 60s and 70s on Carandclassics.com and think, "Couldn't we just get people to drive slowly and avoid pedestrians?".

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Avant

Honda seem to be trying desperately to be trendy and to get rid of the over-50, 'Bunty-doing-the-church-flowers' image that the Jazz and the equally practical 2001-06 Civic exemplified.

What they don't seem to twig is that the Bunties of this world have the money and buy their cars new. They like their Jazzes - easy to drive, never go wrong - and will buy another, and another.

Pictures of the forthcoming Civic Tourer suggest that they still aren't getting the message.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - madf

Agree Honda make ugly cars.

Show me a nice looking BMW or a Ford or a Renault. As for Hyundia.. UGLY stick job.

Nissan Juke anyone? Only for those with even less styling panache than Honda owners..

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - unthrottled

Show me a nice looking BMW or a Ford or a Renault. As for Hyundia.

E32 7 series?

5 series estate (sorry, Touring).Every single one since thje E34 was a looker-and they age gracefully. Far better looking than the boxy saloon version.

And the E32 6 series. How could anyone not fall for that car?

Ford-Current Mondeo estate would be handsome were it not spoiled by the chavvy wheels and privacy glass.

Renault-Clio II is the best looking small car around IMO.

Hyundai? Got me there.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Sulphur Man

A hybrid with a dual-clutch auto...is that a first?

Sounds like a heck of a lot of engineering for such a mundane (though practical and well-executed) car.

The looks dont matter a damn, The Jazz/Fit has built such a positive reputation for fuss-free ownerhship, it could have a convex doors and concave front wings and would still fly out of the showrooms.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Falkirk Bairn

Current Jazz Swindon assembly

Previous Jazz China & Japan

2014 Jazz Thailand

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - smallcar
That dashboard looks like some thing from an 80s Toyota.

I agree that Honda seems unable or unwilling to understand who their customer base - comfortably off retired people who almost have savings to burn...my Dad and almost all his acquaintances drive Jazzs and most are on their second or third...Now and over the next 15 yrs or so these are the only mainstream customers who can afford to buy new cars regularly.

Which other company would turn their back on such loyal customers who do your marketing for you?

I think they must have forgotten what it was like in the 70s 80s and 1990s when the Japanese car makers sold cars much more efficiently than they do now - no spendy tv ads, no big colour spreads in magazines etc - just the odd local paper advert and let customers spread the word and make sure 80% of customers repeat purchase....then just count the cash and take to the bank...simples.
Honda Jazz - New Jazz - thunderbird
my Dad and almost all his acquaintances drive Jazzs and most are on their second or third...Now and over the next 15 yrs or so these are the only mainstream customers who can afford to buy new cars regularly. Which other company would turn their back on such loyal customers who do your marketing for you?

My dad bought himself a Jazz in 2003 when he was 75. It gave him 5 years faultless service so he decided to replace it with a Jazz to celebrate his 80th birthday. We turned up at the dealer where he bought the car and who had serviced it since new, they wanted nothing to do with him, virtually forced us off the premises. Was it the fact the showroom was full of younger people looking at CRV's and Type R's, who knows.

When we got home (dad was somewhat deflated) I rang the dealer where we got my wifes Micra from. New Micra delivered one week later and 5 1/2 years later not a single problem.

As a family would we buy another Honda, don't think so. Well not from that dealer, believe it or not they closed a couple of years later and its now a cheap car supermarket.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - rfm943
I think they must have forgotten what it was like in the 70s 80s and 1990s when the Japanese car makers sold cars much more efficiently than they do now - no spendy tv ads, no big colour spreads in magazines etc - just the odd local paper advert and let customers spread the word and make sure 80% of customers repeat purchase....then just count the cash and take to the bank...simples.

I would have to disagree on that. My first new car was a Honda Civic and I bought a number of new Hondas in the next 10 years. However it was not that easy as they were subject to tight import quotas in those days and it could be difficult to source a new vehicle without a considerable wait. Basically they could easily sell all that they were allowed to import so there was not a lot of point in mass advertising.

They set up the Swindon operation to circumvent these quotas and obviously, now that the restrictions are gone, they have to advertsie as much as any of the other manufacturers.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - Sulphur Man

I've just read that Honda are claiming 102.8mpg combined for the hybrid Jazz....!

Obviously thats the claim, but if real world delivers 80+, without the driver having to adpat to Eco driving styles, then it could get a LOT of sales. Price, as ever, will be the factor.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - skidpan

I've just read that Honda are claiming 102.8mpg combined for the hybrid Jazz....!

Honda will not be claiming 102.8 mpg, they will be quoting the official EU figures which are the only figures that can be quoted by all manufacturers.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows these figures are not achievable in the real world.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - daveyK_UK

It doesnt look that bad.

Problem for honda is the pricing, they are one of the most expensive companies out there.

And thats why when we buy new, we never buy honda.

The price and the fact they dont offer a MPV any more.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - unthrottled

Obviously thats the claim, but if real world delivers 80+, without the driver having to adpat to Eco driving styles, then it could get a LOT of sales. Price, as ever, will be the factor.

Hybrids make their gains to slow driving scenarios. 80mpg will be entirely achievable if you don't expect to get above 40mph.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - dadbif
The Nissan Juke is one of those rare cars whose styling makes me want to vomit!
Honda Jazz - New Jazz - sb10

I am probably one of the few that think Honda look better and different to most other cars

I like that Jazz,I may consider that in a couple of years time

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - TeeCee

Under-wheeled

Er, what?

I was referring the large gap between top of the tyres and the wheel arch which Honda tends to do for a lot of its models. I don't think it is helped by that large rear panel over the wheel. Reminds me of the Ford C Max.

Smaller wheels usually results in higher profile tyres though which should help the ride.

Historically the Jazz needs all the help it can get with its ride quality.

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - madf

I was referring the large gap between top of the tyres and the wheel arch which Honda tends to do for a lot of its models. I don't think it is helped by that large rear panel over the wheel. Reminds me of the Ford C Max.

Smaller wheels usually results in higher profile tyres though which should help the ride.

Historically the Jazz needs all the help it can get with its ride quality.

As usual a comment on teh Jazz ride based on past history and not current performance.. (It's better than th new Yaris in my view)

Honda Jazz - New Jazz - davecooper

Personally I don't mind the look of it, but then I am someone who likes creases and gawdy colours, hence my green Mazda 2. I am currently considering a Hyundai ix20 next year, however, I may give this car a look as well.