What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - Booboobedoo

Hi,

Question as title : is it possible to permantly switch off Start Stop on a 2013 year Focus Econetic ? Or if nt is there a wire you can cut or a fuse you can remove to achieve that ?

Note: looking for a permanent fix.

Thanks,

Boo

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - MikeTorque

No.

The Stop/Start switch is under the radio (1st switch in the 2nd cluster of controls). The system will only be de-activated for the current igition cycle.

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - Collos25

Why would you want to disconnect the stop start?

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - Booboobedoo
Why do you want to know why I want to de-activate the Stop Start ? :-)

I just do. Please, somebody tell me how to do it ?

Thanks,

Mike
Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - Cyd

I believe Mike answered your question above.

Actually, Mike did kindly report on the button officially provided for this, but I am looking for an unofficial fix that can be done by the user, so not quite the same thing.

As I said, I need a way to switch SS off permanently, either by rewiring something or setting something up in the diagnostics, anyone know whether this is possible ?

Thanks,

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - Collos25

Why have a car with SS there is even a switch to turn the system off but that thats not good enough,the OP wants to mess about with the ECU program I suppose its takes all sorts.Why not permanantly switch off the ESP and ABS while your at it.

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - MikeTorque

Booboobedoo, the cars warranty would become void if the SS system was disabled by whatever means. There is no way of disabling the SS legally other than using the manual switch as described above.

Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - galileo

One wonders why the OP got a car with the stop/start feature if he doesn't want it to work. Was it a bargain too good to miss or was it a birthday present?

Or is it the only estate car of a reasonable size that gets under the 95 g/km 100% capital allowance barrier ?

Boo
Ford Focus Econetic 88g - Switch off Start Stop on a Focus Econetic ? - jc2

Don't know about Ford in particular but most systems do not operate if you keep your foot on the clutch or don't put the handbrake on.