What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Diesel Titanium 07 plate - Electrical problem - stevie41

Hi

I've got a problem with the electrics on a Ford Focus Diesel Titanium.

Basically, there is no power to the offside front and rear doors. Hence the electric windows, central locking and the electic mirrors don't work. They do work on the nearside doors except the mirror which I believe is controlled by the drivers door.

The fuses have been checked and are OK (The manual doesn't agree with what is actually there but that is a different story!)

Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Ford Focus Diesel Titanium 07 plate - Electrical problem - Collos25

First you need to check that there is 12v+ at the wing mirror motor terminal if so then there is a good chance the motor has gone open circiut.If 12v+ is not there then its a matter of tracing the wiring back sometimes the plug at the door has a bad connection.

Thanks for this.

It's my son's car and he is not the most technical person. Do you mean that there is a connection just inside the door (front) and would this also affect the rear door?

Regards

Steve

Ford Focus Diesel Titanium 07 plate - Electrical problem - Collos25

There is a plug and socket between the door and the car body you can see it if you open the door.

Thanks- just looked at this and the connection into the door appears to be pushed in.

We'll have to take it apart to get a better look but it does look like the problem is here.

Thanks for your advice, we were scratching our heads as to the cause of the problem once the fuses were ruled out.

Regards

Steve