What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - nat038

I'm interested in buying a new car and a main dealer has a couple of the model/spec I'm looking for...at a large discount to the list price. Only issue I can see is that they are 62 reg. so have been sitting around for several months.

Grateful for any advice or comments on potential problems.

Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - focussed

Don't forget that the warranty wiil commence from the date it was registered to the dealer, not the date you bought it so it's not going to be the full three years if that's what the standard Honda warranty is nowadays, may be possible to extend it for a one-off payment.

Is it a genuine pre-reg? Depends on the miles on it. If it's been used as a dealership hack, loan car or occasional demonstrator it's not pre-reg it's used.

Possible rusty discs if it's been standing outside a lot, should clean itself up with normal use.

If it's been standing outside without any possibilty of being aired in the recent foul weather might be damp inside from condensation.

And if course, should you decide to sell it, it's a two owner car, less value but you are paying less money for it-swings and roundabouts etc.

Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - veloster

this was originally how i was going to by my new hyundai recently,but my dealer had one unregistered in the colour i wanted and would do it at the same price,so went for that,,

dont forget if you buy a new car you dont know how long its been standing in a field somewhere,,

just check when it was registered and if its done any miles

dont forget these are second hand cars so dont pay more than second hand money,,

good luck,,,,,,,,

Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - madf

I bought my Jazz s/h with 300 miles on it. at a substantial discount 25%. Dealers had lots around. last October.

Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - jc2

Ask when it was built-dealer will know that from the VIN.

Honda Jazz - Buying a pre-registered car - daveyK_UK

A 62 plate is nothing to worry about.

Enjoy the discount