What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - sweep

I would be grateful for any advice/opinion on this. I intend to buy a fiesta titanium ecoboost 1.0. a brand new one, 5dr via drive the deal is 12087 with solid paint, or plus 725 ish for special finish = 12812. my local garage has a 'used' fiesta, same with special finish, and rear parking sensors...but its a 62 plate, approx 2000 miles. they list it at £13700!!! i.e. new appears cheaper. i am pretty up on new prices etc but I wonder if anybody can tell me what would be a realistic price to expect them to sell this for as i am clueless? thanks a lot

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - Avant

Go for the new one. Drivethedeal get good prices, sourced from UK dealers who are probably anxious to meet their quotas of sales for March.

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - veloster

if drive the deal is the cheapest you can find then go to your local dealers and see if they will match it on a brand new car.if not buy from drive the deal.just bourght a new hyundai myself,searched the internet for the best price then went to my local dealers and asked them to price match or lose the deal.they wanted the sale so agreed to do it,,

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - Jonnyah

I just bought my Fiesta Zetec 100ps Ecoboost through Drive the Deal, it came out £300 cheaper than the quote on the website, which according to DTD was £250 less than the purchase price. I guess the dealers are really keen to make sales targets?

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - 72 dudes

Another vote for new via Drive the Deal. With the ex demonstrator you will obviously be the second owner and you don't know how many people have borrowed it or how those 2000 miles have been driven.

The What Car? target price is £13868 for a 5 door (I'm assuming both versions are 5 door 100 bhp versions not the 125 bhp) excluding metallic paint or rear sensors (£200).

Presumably you can spec rear sensors via DTD if you want them.

Secondhand value for the ex demo comes out between £11400 and £11700 depending on whether it's a 2012 62 or a 2013 62 plate.

So £12800 via DTD would seem to be the best choice.

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - NARU

I've twice had local dealers get close to DTD prices after pressing them hard. But after the aftersales experience on my latest one, I'll just buy from DTD next time around.

thanks guys. my local dealer can do 12495. more than dtd but I live in scotland so there would likely be transport costs up here, and he takes my old car at a decent price. so next question, i dont like the wheels on titanium and want to get the 17 inch. 205/40. is it goin to upset the ride. the test car was a zetec with 195 55 and std titanium is 195 50. the zetec ride was very good. thanks

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - 72 dudes

thanks guys. my local dealer can do 12495. more than dtd but I live in scotland so there would likely be transport costs up here, and he takes my old car at a decent price. so next question, i dont like the wheels on titanium and want to get the 17 inch. 205/40. is it goin to upset the ride. the test car was a zetec with 195 55 and std titanium is 195 50. the zetec ride was very good. thanks

Ride quality is very subjective, but on a small car, putting 17" wheels and 40 series tyres is going to ruin the ride.

I'd strongly advise sticking with standard wheels/tyres or going for an option with 16" wheels and not less than 50 series tyres. Your call.

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - veloster

the 17 inch wheels will look better but will give a harsher ride,,looks or ride quality your choice,,

Ford fiesta - 2013 Ford fiesta. how much for an ex demonstrator - MikeTorque

The best price DTD quote is for company car buyers. If you're a private buyer then you'll pay a few hundred more.

The updated Fiesta has had some suspension tweaks for the 1.0 EcoBoost. It rides better than the pre-updated version and is more comfortable.

However, the 17 inch. 205/40 will murder the ride and comfort levels and generate more road noise and you're likely to get more punctures and/or damaged alloys.

The 195/50/15 does negatively affect the ride, comfort and noise levels compared to the 195/55/15 fitted as standard on the Zetec.

If you want the ultimate in refinement, ride, noise reduction and comfort then have the car fitted with 195/60/15 tyres. This sized tyre completely transforms the updated Fiesta to a level of refinement & comfort a pre-upgraded Fiesta driver could only dream about.

Edited by MikeTorque on 26/03/2013 at 23:07

thanks for all the replies - its really helpful. I will just need to see how it feels and if its a disappointment get the wheels changed.