What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - janet n

I have at the moment a Renault Clio Expression AUTOMATIC which is great but the petrol consumption is only in the 20's.

This car seems to good to be true... Automatic... no road tax... and 61 mpg.

But I can only drive the True old fashion automatics

What size is the boot..needs to hold a wheelchair.

Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - RT

But I can only drive the True old fashion automatics.

Can you expand on that?

Mitsubishi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - Avant

If you mean you passed your test on an automatic, you can drive a car with any form of transmission that changes gear by itselfl, including DSG, C TG and those dreadful semi-automatic contraptions that have the worst features of both manul and automatic.

Anyone know if the Mirage is on sale yet? From what I've seen in the magazines, the general view is that most of the alternatives are better than the Mirage. I think the automatic is a CVT.

Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - Auristocrat

The 1.2 Mirage is available with a CVT gearbox - so a true automatic. Range starts from £8990. Launch discount £1000.

Boot size 235 cu.ft.

Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - daveyK_UK

Is the mirage the replacement for the colt?

Where is it built?

Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - groaver

Is the mirage the replacement for the colt?

Where is it built?

Thailand.

Very mixed reviews.

Mitsubushi 1 2 Mivec 3 automatic MIRAGE - is this a true automatic? - Auristocrat

Most of the UK reviews to date have been the pre-launch type - so not very comprehensive. The most comprehensive so far seems to be the Auto Express one - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi/mirage

The Mirage is the replacement for the Colt (for the European market built in the Netherlands) and is built in Thailand.

Thailand does have a number of manufacturers with plants there - including Daihatsu. Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda and Mazda/Ford. For example the Ford Courier/Ranger and Mazda B-series pick up trucks sold in the UK have been built in Thailand since 1998.