What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - ambient

Looking at two Kamiqs from main dealers, both FSH.

Year: 2020

Milage: 22k vs 26k

Wheels: 17nch vs 18inch

Price: £13500 vs £13490

What is throwing me off is ideally I want 17inch wheels, as I need all-season tyres as I get a bit of snow where I live, however, the dealer has had the car with 17inch wheels up since 10th October, where as the dealer with the 18inch tyres has had the car up since 20/12.

The car with 17inch wheels has had its price reduced 6 times. (I did a bit or research, and this seemed common for this car at main dealers, with a lot of being first listed early November), however it's putting me off a bit. They both have good reviews, but the main dealer with 18inch wheels has probably the best reviews I've seen from a main dealer.

As I'm near the top of my budget, it's not ideal for me to look at another set of 17's. Any input would be helpful, as maybe I'm getting hung up on the details.

Edited by ambient on 27/12/2023 at 19:14

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - Xileno

I assume you can't get all-season tyres with the 18 inch wheels? If so then that seems a deciding factor. Also you may find the ride quality affected by the 18s.

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - ambient

I can get all-seasons, but they're about £160 per tyre, compared with £90 on the 17's.
I'm a bit put off by the fact the one with 17's has been sat there since October. I did track a few other used Kamiqs and this doesn't seem completely unusual. I've never bought a car from a main dealer, and tend not to follow the used car market a great deal, so I'm aware i'm a bit naive here and may be overly cautious.

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - alan1302

I can get all-seasons, but they're about £160 per tyre, compared with £90 on the 17's.
I'm a bit put off by the fact the one with 17's has been sat there since October. I did track a few other used Kamiqs and this doesn't seem completely unusual. I've never bought a car from a main dealer, and tend not to follow the used car market a great deal, so I'm aware i'm a bit naive here and may be overly cautious.

It's only been there a few months and it looks like it's probably been overprices which is why it's not sold - so buy the one that you want and don't overthink it as much or you will just go round and round in circles.

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - Adampr

Buy the one you want. October isn't all that long ago, and they've been dropping the price gradually to get it sold. It's now at a price where you're interested, so buy it

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - Andrew-T

Now is traditionally a good time to buy - many people have been spending on Christmas, and others don't like trudging round showrooms in winter weather. If you are not p-x'ing you may be able to make an unrefusable offer ...

If you carry on wavering about how long this car has been for sale, you may miss a 'bargain'. At any rate take it for test drive !

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - SLO76
Nothing unusual in a car sitting in stock for a few months. We often had cars that had been with us for over a year. The only fears I’d have would be if the vehicle was electric or hybrid, as batteries don’t like inactivity, possibly a diesel as it’ll be started and run stationary to check and boost the battery which could cause DPF issues. A petrol model wouldn’t be a concern though.
Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - Bromptonaut

Seventeen inch wheels are more than big enough. The lower profile at 18 inches won't improve the ride. My current Fabia has lower profile tyres than the Roomster I had before and is considerably less comfortable over the local 'pave'.

Skoda Kamiq - Can't decide between two cars - Sparrow

Interesting you say that about Hybrids. I was in our local Toyota dealer recently. They had a nice looking 19reg CHR. The salesman was unable to open the boot. After scratching his head for a while he said the car had recently arrived from Toyota and had been in storage and now needed a special 24 hour battery charge. I wonder what future impact on that cars battery life has occured with this sort of treatment.