What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Radam87

I had a Pug on finance but paid it off early. Part of the deal was a limited 5 year warranty (mainly engine failure). (The roll bar came up as an advisory last year but was not covered).

If I don't have my service with them this limited warranty is void.

Do I continue even though service is between £60-100 more with them than an indie (depending on whether major)?

I've had a Pug engine fail out of warranty previously that I serviced at an indie and their customer services sorted it for free. It was apparently a common issue.

I've also had a VW fail months outside warranty and serviced with the dealership. VW wouldn't help at all.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Xileno

£60-£100 premium doesn't seem that much for peace of mind. How many services will it need before the 5 year warranty expires?

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Adampr

And you'll probably get that back in value when you sell it.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - badbusdriver

New Kia's come with a 7 year warranty, but apparently if the owner has the car serviced outwith the dealer network, the chances of the warranty being honoured are slim. Even though on paper, assuming the garage on question is VAT registered and use genuine parts, Kia are obliged to do so, they will find some way to wriggle out of these obligations.

So I would suggest it is always in your best interest as the owner to keep on using the main dealer.

How much longer does your 5 year warranty last?

3 more years to go.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Falkirk Bairn

In the UK you can have servicing done by a non-franchise garage and still have the basic warranty assuming using the correct oil etc etc.

The 5/7 year warranties of Hyundai/Kia require full franchise servicing

The basic 3 year warranty of Toyota /Lexus is extended to up to 10 years but you must go to Toyota /Lexus for service = the additional 7 years is major components only.

Ford is full warranty 12 months, free year 2&3 insurance warranty ..................seems really mean compared to Toyota/Lexus, Hyundai & Kia.

Last month, in the UK, 2 Korean companies outsold Ford by 7,000 cars. H&K 16K Ford 9K!

3 more years to go.

So £300 extra tops (just over £8.30 extra per month).

Although supposedly fixed, the 1.2 Puretech did have some problems early on, so personally I'd keep on using the dealer for the extra peace of mind.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - movilogo

Total cost of running a car = purchase cost (CapEx) + running cost (OpEx)

Many people only consider CapEx and forget OpEx (assuming filling with fuel is only running cost),

Not saying that having main dealer service won't result in refusing to honour warranty but it reduces the chance to a great extent.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - skidpan

New Kia's come with a 7 year warranty, but apparently if the owner has the car serviced outwith the dealer network, the chances of the warranty being honoured are slim

Having owned a Kia I know for a fact that there are clear requirements for owners who choose to have their cars serviced outside the network and still keep the warranty. Basically its to have the garage that do the work carry out the Kia schedule to the letter with proof that they have used lubricants and parts that meet Kia's OEM quality with proof for both the work and parts used. Do that and you will not have an issue and on the Kia forum there are plenty that have chosen to go that route and have still got warranty work done. Problem seems to be most garages don't have the Kia schedule (they simply do their normal work) and most garages use the same factors for their parts regardless of brand and have no interest in quality.

When we had Ceed some people on the Forum were claiming to have saved £50 or so on a local service but there were a couple of catches without considering the warranty. The annual service includes a body inspection and stamp for the 12 year warranty and this can only be done by a Kia dealer, take along after the indie service and they normally charge anywhere between £25 and £50 which pretty much wipes out any saving especially when you factor in the time taken to visit the Kia garage. Then there is the matter of what Kia call "Campaign Updates". These are not safety recalls but improvements that are free. We had one done that really did make the engine far more flexible, you could be a gear higher when driving along, before the update you need 5th in a M1 50 mph zone, after the update it would happily take 6th with a potential fuel saving, all for nothing. Indies cannot do this, to get the car checked its a visit to your local Kia dealer and more time wasted.

And don't forget that only Kia dealers can carry out warranty work. In the 5 years we had our car we only had one issue, the A/C condenser was holed, probably by a stone. I expected to be charged but the repair was carried out FOC with a promise to hire us a suitable car for our holiday should the part not arrive in time.

Would the saving of say £50 a year over 4 services, £200, have paid for a the A/C work, the part was more than that.

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Lee Power

I had a Pug on finance but paid it off early. Part of the deal was a limited 5 year warranty (mainly engine failure). (The roll bar came up as an advisory last year but was not covered).

If I don't have my service with them this limited warranty is void.

If its a 1.2 Purecrap powered vehicle you would be a total fool to service it outside the Peugeot main dealer network until its 6 years old.

Stellantis will do anything possible to avoid repairing engine faults on Purecraps under warranty or goodwill where they can.

If its a 1.5 HDI then again there are known issues with the short timing chain between the two cam shafts snapping on the earlier engines.

Stellantis do now seem to be looking after customers with engine failures outside warranty but that goodwill will stop somewhere - normally at 6 years old or a non franchise dealer service stamp or a service missed.

2018 1.6 Diesel GT

Edited by Radam87 on 19/02/2023 at 18:10

2018 1.6 Diesel GT

The PSA (at the time) 1.6 diesel does have a bit of a reputation for problems earning itself the 'Diesel of doom' nickname.

Having done some research, it does seem that problems stem more from poor servicing rather than being a bad design. In particular they seem very sensitive to oil, it has to be the correct stuff. Also, certainly when the engine first came out, the intervals were too long. Assuming you have had yours from new and serviced within the dealer network, this shouldn't cause you too much worry. There is a big but though, most modern diesels do not take well to only short journeys. This can cause problems with the DPF getting clogged up, which costs a lot to rectify and, AFAIK, would not be covered by your warranty.

So to sum up, you should be fine if you do the kind of journeys suited to a diesel, but I would definitely stick with the 5 year warranty. If you do mainly short journeys, I'd be looking to get rid of it at as soon as is feasible.

Edited by badbusdriver on 19/02/2023 at 18:49

Peugeot 3008 - Limited Dealership Warranty if having service ... - Lee Power

This 1.6 HDI 3008 engine is pretty bulletproof, its the ad blue system / tank that is the known weak point.