What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - bladest

Hi everyone , my future car will be either LS or something else , i currently own GS450H with maximum options including night vision.

In my country Bg, there is not a single LS car so i cant test drive one,which is quite shame i have spoken with toyota dealership they doesnt care... to test not a used ls to test drive... not a new ls , i am talking about 5th gen LS, which starts from year 2018 and up...

Which is again quite a shame on the used car market not a single used or new LS car, so i can see only pictures from i-net...

the things which i like inside LS based on pictures and specs i have read 28 way adjustment of driver seat + massages , its quite important for me because i suffer from back pain.... my gs have only 18 way adjustment but my seat is broken so i cant use them......

Other things which are important for me is my Gs have 4 piston brake calipers in front not sure how many brake caliper pistons have LS , and i know ls have air suspention it should be way better compared to old leaky shocks from my GS...

i also would like car to be faster than gs 450h hybrid is around 5.9 seconds from 0 - 60...

Since its extremely hard and kinda impossible to find LS, what alternatives you can suggest for me i need something extremely reliable and at least 28 way driver seat adjustments so i can feel comfortable, i will also like to have better seat ventilation on gs 450h seat ventilation is kinda non existing...

is there any reliable alternatives ? As far as i know Acura stopped producing RLX, so nothing to replace Rlx, infiniti stopped producing big sedan cars as well... their last car was q70/m......... not sure what else can be extremely reliable like lexus ls... i dont like SUVS , i would like car to be sedan i also dont need small coupe... i am tall person and i need space... and comfort...

I know s-class looks great and have so many options including night vision but not sure how their reliable is, i am talking about used cars only s -class from year 2014 and up, also audi a8, and bmw 7 but i dont have experience with any of these cars...

if you think of something else let me known.

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - Adampr

Can you get a Hyundai Genesis there?

I live in Europe, we dont have genesis brand here...

we have audi a8, s class,bmw, 7 and other brands... like porche ,ferarri ...

Edited by bladest on 02/07/2022 at 13:38

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - badbusdriver

Well its been a while, but I see you are back again with the same bizarre/unreasonable requirements!.

As someone who also suffers from back pain I can assure you that you do not need 28(!) way electric adjustment of the seat to get comfortable. You only need a comfortable seat and the ability to get it into a comfortable position, in fact you don't actually need power adjustment at all.

It also isn't important how many pistons the brakes have, only that the brakes have the ability to slow the car down effectively.

But hey ho, we have been here several times before, and I'm sure we will be here again..........

i know better i currently own gs450h, so i have been test driving many cars unfortunately no LS available here in my country to test...

i can assume that i want better than my current car, i dont want downgrade.

i need also stronger brakes than my current car, why i should go lower, or downgrade my brakes ? I have several other cars which have limited seat option adjustment with manual, so i know how good is to have many options in driver seat adjustment and i need several types of massages like ls offers and s class.. and others...

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - _

This should do the trick for you.

www.ooyyo.com/bulgaria/c=CDA31D7114D2854F111B876FB.../

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - Metropolis.
I dont think Lexus do very well with seats, not quite enough padding. However, it WILL be an upgrade on your GS. The LS is the flagship of the range.
Have you considered a Lexus LX? Some people find that having a seat at hip height and a more upright driving position puts less strain on your back and hips.

About seat of lexus only 2 models have good seats, GS top of the line president offers 18 way president level of equipment only which i own and LS after year 2018 28 way of adjustment... but it includes massages as well and better cooling as well..

i dont like or drive any Suv,

i dont want suv, i have only driven and owned sedans in my entire life i have been in test drive for several Suvs, not for me. including lexus. I preffer sedan cars or bigger grand sedans like gs ,or ls long wheel base, Suv is for older people .

Most suvs have worse seats compared to GS and Ls.Unfortunately.

I do think that S-class have better seats but not sure how reliable is year 2014? s class called

W222, it have night vision seats good stereo music, seats.... everything i need but in terms of reliability i think its not a good one... also not sure which one is good petrol,diesel hybrid, same with bmw 7 and audi... i have no experience with them but i know from people who own these that have a lot of issues and very expensive repairs...

For Bentley and Roll royce ,parts are very rare and very expensive no local diagnostic with dealership of equipment so they are out of question.... i have also driven vw phaeton pretty cool car based on same bentley platform but again repairs and other issues...

i need something very reliable like LEXUS,infiniti,Acura... or something else.

Edited by bladest on 02/07/2022 at 14:24

Its funny the different perceptions of cars in different countries, saloons youthful, SUVs for older people… I’m pretty sure the seats in the LS and LX are very similar.

If you want reliability, get the LS. If you are buying used, surely you can test drive the car before you buy it?
is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - Maxime.

Itt's not April 1st is it.?

I dont like Suv,

i dont preffer to be close to the ground,

i will never drive SUV, i have test driven many suvs, infiniti,lexus,mazda,toyota,and many other i never liked a single one......... even with air suspention not for me not my type. i drive sedan cars since year 1990.

and even if i became older i will be probably inside sedan if they still exist.

In my country we dont have REAL LEXUS dealership so not a single new or used LS to test from year 2018 and up 5th gen,

on the used car market not a single LS 5th gen from 2018 and up even the base model so i cant try or test but many s class audi and other exists, i have tested audi a8 and s class ,very popular and great looking cars... only the reliability is my problem with them..

I will buy Car used, but even used or new i cant test drive LS simply 0000 cars in my country lexus is not popular in some countries.

I live in Europe, we dont have genesis brand here...

Yes you do.

genesis-g90-2020-genesis-g90-3-8-gdi-awd-premium-luxury

genesis-g70-3-3t

All linked from parking.eu (as was the two Genesis)

infiniti-m-37-s-kamera-navi-bose

cadillac-ct6-platinum-bturbo

5ffab9e288470121a3576202

volvo-s60-t5-r-design

hyundai-grandeur-3-0-lpi

mobile.cgi

You do have Genesis in your country, www.theparking-cars.co.uk/used-cars-detail/genesis...l

Also, look up the Hyundai Genesis. www.theparking-cars.co.uk/used-cars-detail/hyundai...l

These are very good cars. The G90 is apparently very soft riding.

I live in BG,

we dont have GENESIS dealership,

we dont have any genesis cars the only cars from genesis which are here on the used market are imported from Actions from USA, they are accident cars with lots of issues etcs.. and no parts to repair them.

In my country wheel is on the left side as well..

I will never buy From Accident action , which are here and dodgy fixed i have seen simular examples with several issues including rust or non working functions...

Edited by bladest on 02/07/2022 at 14:45

I suggest you take a short flight or drive to a neighbouring country and test drive an LS there.
Have you considered a Lincoln Towncar, or any Cadillac?

For Usa Based Brands like LIncoln,Cadillac and many others parts doesnt exist, dealership level of equipment to diagnose the car as well. In case there is issue it will be broken car beyond repair .

Hyundai Grandeur mizerable engine, mizerable brakes, mizerable seats , way lower options compared to my current gs i want upgrade not downgrade.

My current Gs ,heated front window,heated wipers,heater for winter heated and colled seats 18 way adjustment , 4 brake caliper pistons 0-60 less than 5.9 seconds...

hybrid it consumes less fuel. night vision package , ionization and many many other options..

In the world doesnt exist any kia or huindai or genesis with night vision, better brakes than gs and better seats, ls have 28 way adjustment for driver seats + masssage + back seats which tons of options...

Also Kia/Huindai grandeur and optima are made for different market, no parts, no body to diagnose them in case of any issues so its not option, and their price is only premium nothing else.

Volvo s60 is lower class compared to gs or ls,, volvo s90 is better i have test driven several s60 and s90, but s90 is lacking massages and 28 way adjustment seats and many other options .... so again its lower class also reliability is not good, i will buy used car not brand new with warranty,

If i have lived in Usa ,lincoln,and cadillac was options for my country no parts and no dealership to diagnose the faults and not aways everything can be sorted without dealership diagnostic and no software upgrades etcs..

my GS IS Year 2014 , why i should buy older cadillac with less option again no sense., i want to upgrade not downgrade..older cars are banned due to Euro regulations from cities centers and etcs..

All usa made cars or brands here in bg are imported from Car accidents actions.... like co part and other i dont want accidental car at high price.

With lots of hidden issues,

Infiniti q70 simular class to gs, older year, no parts no dealership, not much options worse seats worse brakes...

stopped producing them long long time ago. No massage on the seat not a car with 28 or even 18 way of adjustment no night vision etcs... so its lower class to me.

Edited by bladest on 02/07/2022 at 15:23

Then get an LS.
North America also drives on the wrong side, so that shouldnt be an issue, but parts availability might be. Maybe the local Hyundai dealer would help.

European dealerships cannot diagnose or upgrade software for CARS, not made for Europe.

Parts very hard to source so i will be on my own with diagnostic and parts and everything so thats not an option..

Also 100% of the cars in Bg are from actions so they suffered serious damages or issues water flooded, or serious accident i dont want such car. at premium price for used one.

Genesis is a brand name of Hyundai. Before it was a brand, it was a model. That's why I said a Hyundai Genesis. Any Hyundai dealer will be able to look after it.

www.cars.bg/offer/625a6a701713dc18ad0a0d02

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - dan86

Wouldn't it be best to look on a Bulgarian forum as we can only really help with UK cars

European dealerships cannot diagnose or upgrade software for CARS, not made for Europe.

You're talking to people in Europe...

Genesis is a brand name of Hyundai. Before it was a brand, it was a model. That's why I said a Hyundai Genesis. Any Hyundai dealer will be able to look after it.

Miserable engine and equipment levels apparently (see post at 15.23), for our OP anyway, fine for most folk!.

But this is par for the course. OP comes on every now and again looking for a car with some very specific specs (I seem to recall adaptive headlights being a prerequisite last time), forum members make some suggestions, OP tells them why they are no use to him, thread dries up. Then the cycle starts again.

Miserable engine and equipment levels apparently (see post at 15.23), for our OP anyway, fine for most folk!.

They should've put 29 way adjustable seats in it.

They should've put 29 way adjustable seats in it.

It would also have to do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds or less though :-)

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - _

As it seems we cannot satisfy the OP in any of our answers I'll make it read only in a while.

ORB Moderator.

is there Lexus LS , very reliable alternative? - John F

Not before I put in my two-penn'orth, please!

I too have had a 'bad back' for nigh on 40yrs - degenerative lumbar disc disease. I doubt if you can get better than an Audi A8 equipped with 'comfort seats', (which I believe are similar to those in a Bentley Flying Spur) but you should also have in the car something which no-one has suggested so far (unless I've missed it) - a small soft feather-filled cushion. A cut-down old feather pillow would do.