What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Whichcar

Hello all,

My wife needs a car and she cant make up her mind and hoping some people can give some advice?

either a

1) New Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 £15,495,

2) New MG MG3 1.5 VTi-TECH Excite 5dr £12.645,

3)New Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr £10.745.

Most important to her is a) a good warrany which is honoured well and length of warranty b) Air conditioing c) dont care about how it looks and gadgets, just want something reliable and not constantly needing repairs.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - badbusdriver

Out of that three, the Kia, no question.

The MG is an old design and quite a crude car in some ways, though obviously the prices do appeal. I've no issue with the Sandero, though personally I wouldn't bother with the bi-fuel version unless you can buy LPG nearby.

I'd maybe also look at a couple of Suzuki's, the Swift and Ignis.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Metropolis.
Ditto what Badbusdriver has said.

Thanks, Is there much difference between a Darcia Engine 999 cc and a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc? Its mainly a city car but lots of short trips on the motorway with occasional longer drives on the motorway. So was worried the Darcia Engine 999 cc would not cope as well as a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc for what I need it for?

I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder?

I had a peugeot disael and the turbo basically expolded and caused £2,000 of damage. Does the Dacia Sandero 1.0 have a turbo that could also do the same and would it be covered under warranty? I see it has a TURBO INJECTION

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - _

If you are talking about brand new cars, the Kia Rio 2 will be the 3 cyl engine. the 1.2 4 cyl engine is ok though.Years ago I had a 1.2 petrol and it was fine.

The Mg will be worse on fuel and it's not nice inside, plus MG have (in my opinion) poor customer service. you'll have to be very lucky with your dealer.

Dacia, if new extend the warranty to 5 years , doesn't cost much.

My vote is Kia or Dacia but avoid the MG3.

Edited by _ORB_ on 13/01/2022 at 06:36

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - paul 1963

If you can get lpg local then the Dacia would get my vote, if not then the Kia, forget the MG.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - galileo

I had a peugeot disael and the turbo basically expolded and caused £2,000 of damage. Does the Dacia Sandero 1.0 have a turbo that could also do the same and would it be covered under warranty? I see it has a TURBO INJECTION

Turbo's should not explode causing damage. All turbos are 'burst' tested by the manufacturer during development of the design and the compressor and turbine housings must contain fragments from broken rotating parts.

£2000 damage suggests some other failure caused the problem and the blown turbo.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - SLO76

I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder?

Size matters not a jot, it’s what you do with it that matters. :-) Add a turbo and you’ll find more torque than the non-turbo 1.2 for example. As for durability, well the Kia’s motor is well tried and tested and will almost certainly still be running long after the Dacia has been turned into baked bean cans. But, if you’re buying new and offloading before the warranty is up then there’s nothing to worry about.

Edited by SLO76 on 13/01/2022 at 16:38

The Kia is the better and most reliable car plus it has a lovely 7yr manufacturer warranty which will be honoured as long as you service it with a Ka dealer. But is it worth nearly £16,000? No, it certainly is not. Pay that for one and it’ll be worth £6.50 by the time that warranty is up.

The latest Dacia is a perfectly pleasant little car but being based on a Renault it’s unlikely to be completely fault free over your ownership and the jury is still out on the newer 1.0 petrol turbo, the previous 1.2 turbo used in some Renaults, Dacia and Nissan’s was appallingly unreliable. The warranty is 3yrs from new which again will be honoured if you service it with Dacia and you can extend it for a fee.

Me, I’d shop around using the likes of car wow to get the best prices on both then I’d factor in an extended Dacia warranty to directly compare them. Either car will be perfectly capable but I’d want warranty cover for the full term of ownership on the Dacia. The MG can be completely discounted, it’s a poor quality dated Chinese budget car with an MG badge glued on. They’re utter garbage. If it were priced accordingly at what it’s really worth (say £7,500/£8,000) then it might make some sense but at nearly £13,000 you’d be mad to buy one.

Edited by SLO76 on 13/01/2022 at 07:28

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - thunderbird

Just had a look around the web, £16,000 does sound a lot for a Rio. But I have seen a reputable broker offering them for £13400 which looks sensible.

It would be my choice over the MG and Dacia.

Even though I love our Fabia I could not recommend one when they are £1700 more than the Rio at the same broker for similar spec car. Add in an extra 4 years warranty and the difference would be well over £2000, probably nearer £2500.

How do people find the air conditoning in the car Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel? any issues?

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - badbusdriver

How do people find the air conditoning in the car Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel? any issues?

Strange question.

You plan to buy a new car, which will have a warranty of at least 3 years, and so any air con issues would be rectified under warranty.

Air con tends to be pretty reliable as long as it is used, and given air con is one of the only requirements for this car, I'm assuming it will be?.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Metropolis.
BBD I think you have misinterpreted the question, or maybe I have?

I read it as ‘Is the aircon effective’?. Warranty doesn’t help if the system is not powerful enough from factory. Some cars and brands are definitely better than others in this respect.

Be perfectly adequate but after 7/8yrs you can almost certainly guarantee it won’t be working as per the norm with older Renaults.

Anyone know how I can get a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr sooner as I am getting told I have to order one for delivery by May/June?

Call round dealers to see if they’ve one you like in stock. There’s not much in the way of discounts to be had from Dacia but the Kia may tumble to be a bit closer with a bit of searching.
Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Dag Hammar

Very, very similar to the Kia Rio is the Hyundai i20. I suspect it is the same car underneath but just with different body panels and interior trim.

I would agree with other posters above that the Kia Rio would be a better long term prospect than the Dacia or the MG. My wife has a Hyundai i20 and we are both delighted with it but when we bought it four years ago we got the 1.4 petrol with torque converter auto gearbox.

One thing to consider is, do you have a Kia dealer or a Hyundai dealer fairly near to where you live ? And do they have a good reputation ?

Anyone know how I can get a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr sooner as I am getting told I have to order one for delivery by May/June?

As there isn't much of a market for LPG cars in the UK, I think you may struggle to get anything, including a pre-reg or demo, sooner.

Having had a look on Autotrader, the situation is as I thought. There are a grand total of four available nationwide, only two of which are in 'Essential' trim. Of the remaining two, one isn't even the current model, but a late (2021) previous shape.

Does it really have to be the Bi-Fuel version?, after all, neither of your other two were LPG.

Thanks all, if anyone can find me a new car under £11,000 that would be great...ie one which is available now.

whats the differences between the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 and the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr?

Which is a better car?

The Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr has a turbo but the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 does not right?

whats the differences between the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 and the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr?

Which is a better car?

The Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr has a turbo but the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 does not right?

Correct.

Thanks all, if anyone can find me a new car under £11,000 that would be great...ie one which is available now.

Why the change in budget? Previously you were including a near £16,000 Kia. Also, why does it have to be brand new? You’d solve the immediate availability issue by buying a good used car like a Mazda 2 or Toyota Yaris, the latter has a 10yr warranty if you service it every year at a Toyota dealer too and they’re mechanically bombproof. A three year old Yaris will easily outlast the other two options here.

Can't get Finance is the reason for change of Budget.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - KB.

In a current thread the following is copied .....

Fiat Tipo - Price hikes - Big John

Saying that some broker sites showing large discounts for the old Tipo

RRP: £14,398.06

Our Price: £11,757.97

Not a car I'd buy though

Edited by Big John on 13/01/2022 at 20:33

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Big John

uk-car-discount was for that price, if I'm allowed to mention

4 cylinder 1.4 NA engine - much simpler technology.

I've stated a Tipo is probably not a car I'd buy - worth looking at the 1 star review on the HJ site. However as part of our current fleet we do have a 2006 Fiat Panda (family owned from new)and ignoring a gearbox glitch it's been a good car but for this thread it's worth noting the climate control is the best I've encountered in any car ever - in the summer lovely and chilled by the time I get to the junction at the end of our close.

Edited by Big John on 13/01/2022 at 23:09

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - _

So for the OP, it'll be a used Kia Rio, or a new Dacia then.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - sammy1

Advice on buying a car -- well although a new car with a warranty is desirable I am unconvinced that spending this money on low end cars is necessarily a good buy. I would rather invest the money on a second hand higher quality/spec which will depreciate less.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - thunderbird

If the OP wants a new car this is probably the only option.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/2022011...1

Buying a nearly new one opens up loads of possibilities but a quick look on the web suggests that £10,000 would only buy a 4 or 5 years old mainstream used car a similar size to the Dacia.

I know which I would buy.

We bought an 18 month old Skoda Fabia TSi SE-L 110 PS just over 2 years ago, Low miles, one owner, unmarked. The ticket price was £9995. Just looked on Autotrader and the same car is now on several adverts at between £11,180 and an absolutely crazy £13,995.

There is no way I would pay almost £14,000 for a 4 years old Fabia that cost a few pounds over £16,000 when new (depending on options).

I will be honest, we did not like the Sandero when we looked at it even at its very low price but the new one does n=look better outside.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Ian_SW

Another option for a brand new car in stock for that price would be a base model Kia Picanto. There are a few listed as "in stock" from dealers on Autotrader.

Its smaller than the Samdero or the Rio, but would be a brand new Kia with a 7 year warranty.

Another option for a brand new car in stock for that price would be a base model Kia Picanto. There are a few listed as "in stock" from dealers on Autotrader.

Its smaller than the Samdero or the Rio, but would be a brand new Kia with a 7 year warranty.

The base model ('1') doesn't have a/c, which seems to be one of the only stipulations for the car. To get into a model with a/c, you'd have to go for the next rung up the ladder, the '2'. You may well get a new one from a broker under £11k, but Autotrader only showing low miles 2021 examples in budget.

You can get into a brand new Toyota Aygo (up to 10 years warranty) for £11.7k, or a 2021 car with under 100 miles for about a grand less.

Brand new Citroen C1's from under £11k.

Brand new Peugeot 108's are starting at £11.3k

Brand new Fiat Panda or 500 MHEV (mild hybrid) for £11.5k, or pre reg just under £11k.

Kia Rio 1.2 DPi 2 - Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG? - Brit_in_Germany

Nearly new Sandero:

www.usedcars.dacia.co.uk/used-cars/13959859-dacia-.../

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - Whichcar

Hello all

Anyone got any connections to any dealerships or savy with locating cars online?
I am looking for a brand new Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr turbo and having trouble finding one without putting one on order and have a 4-5 months wait. Doesnt need to be Bi Fuel but must be a TCe. Not bothered about colour. Budget is 11K
My current car is not worth reparing and in the garage.
I have been calling around dealerships looking for one, the only way I can get one sooner is by a customer cancalation or a ex show room or a already ordered stock car already on the way etc.
One dealership said one order arrived but customer canceled order and it was only on forecourt for 1 day and someone called up and and put a deposit on the car over the phone and that was it.
Hope someone can help locate one for me as getting in trouble with the Missus for spending too much time on it :D

Edited by Whichcar on 15/01/2022 at 17:57

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - Brit_in_Germany

With the ads below your post giving nearly new examples at around 13K, you may have to raise your budget.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - thunderbird

I posted this link yesterday on your other identical thread.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/2022011...1

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - badbusdriver

Also, is there really any need for a new thread given you asked the same question on your last thread?.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - Whichcar

Thanks, very helpful.

I did call them on the links you gave me but they said they were not in stock, even though autotrader says they are in stock.

Anyone thing else? anyone else maybe help me to find one please?

I have no idea what this means?

ANyone know? Is that a big difference? or a noticeable diffierence? and in what way?

Performance

• 74 kW (101 BHP)

Performance

• 67 kW (91 BHP)
Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - badbusdriver

I have no idea what this means?

ANyone know? Is that a big difference? or a noticeable diffierence? and in what way?

Performance

• 74 kW (101 BHP)

Performance

• 67 kW (91 BHP)

It is the power output of the engine. BHP (brake horsepower) is the most common means of expressing that power output in this country, but in other countries it is expressed as KW.

The 91BHP engine has about 10% less power than than than the 101BHP engine. Not sure how else to answer that?. So if both engines are fitted in the same size/weight of car, the 101BHP version will be slightly faster (though the torque, usually expressed as NM or lb/ft, will also be a factor).

In a smaller car, 91BHP is a perfectly acceptable power output, so it certainly wouldn't sway me decision. I'm assuming we are talking about the Sandero TCE Bi-Fuel versus the Sandero TCE?. Between those two, I'd take the latter.

Just bear in mind that a 2 year old Kia Rio is going to have 5 years manufacturers warranty left whereas a new Dacia Sandero will only have 3 to begin with.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - _

Just bear in mind that a 2 year old Kia Rio is going to have 5 years manufacturers warranty left whereas a new Dacia Sandero will only have 3 to begin with.

"BUT"

for a fee, it can be extended, and for less than the cost of the price difference of a Full Kia maintained used Rio.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - thunderbird

Thanks, very helpful.I did call them on the links you gave me but they said they were not in stock, even though autotrader says they are in stock

Just checked the link in my message and it still shows cars for sale. Seems very strange advertising cars as being in stock that you don't actually have.

Just bear in mind that a 2 year old Kia Rio is going to have 5 years manufacturers warranty left whereas a new Dacia Sandero will only have 3 to begin with

Just had a quick trawl on Autotrader and for the OP's £11,000 current budget the newest 1.2 spec "2" car is 4 years old which will make it the old model and at that age will only have 3 years of its warranty remaining IF its been properly serviced with all records available.

So had another look at Autotrader and another garage has 2 Sanderos available in stock but they are the Comfort model at £12,999. They are also showing 2 more for March delivery but they are £13,299. Here is a link to one of them.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/2022010...1

I appreciate you said that you cannot get finance but to get into one of these cars you would only need to find another £2,000, over 3 years that only about £13 a week which is a small sum to pay for a car with 3 years manufacturers warranty coverage.

And here's another.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/2021101...1

Or if something a bit smaller will do how about a very recent Toyota Aygo

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111279997960?k...2

Keep it serviced at a Toyota dealer and you have a 10 year warranty.

Which is the better car other than the Bi Fuel option? dacia Sandero Essential TCE 90 Petrol or Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr

Which is the better car other than the Bi Fuel option? dacia Sandero Essential TCE 90 Petrol or Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr

If you have access to LPG locally possibly the bi-fuel. If not the petrol one

How hard can it be.

But since you are struggling to find one its surely the one available.

Edited by thunderbird on 16/01/2022 at 11:50

TCE 90 is:

Engine and performance Engine displacement 0.9 l / 898 cm3 Power 90 HP / 66 kW Machine torque 140 Nm at 2250 rpm Maximum speed 108.7 km/h Acceleration 11.1 s (0-100 km/h) Fuel Type petrol

TCE Bi Fuel is:

Engine and performance Engine displacement 1.0 l / 999 cm3 Power 100 HP / 74 kW Machine torque 170 Nm at 2000 rpm Maximum speed 113.1 km/h Acceleration 11.5 s (0-100 km/h) Fuel Type LPG

I am not car savy, anyone know if much difference in this?

89bhp is the 90 sandero and 99bhp is the bifuel. WHich would ou choose?

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - SLO76
You’ll feel next to no difference in the road. A marginal performance difference is utterly irrelevant. If you have an LPG station nearby and the car is only marginally dearer then buy that if you can find one.

TCE 90 is:

Engine and performance Engine displacement 0.9 l / 898 cm3 Power 90 HP / 66 kW Machine torque 140 Nm at 2250 rpm Maximum speed 108.7 km/h Acceleration 11.1 s (0-100 km/h) Fuel Type petrol

TCE Bi Fuel is:

Engine and performance Engine displacement 1.0 l / 999 cm3 Power 100 HP / 74 kW Machine torque 170 Nm at 2000 rpm Maximum speed 113.1 km/h Acceleration 11.5 s (0-100 km/h) Fuel Type LPG

Firstly, as far as I am aware, the new Sandero (i.e, the current one) no longer uses the 0.9 (898cc) engine. Both TCE Bi-Fuel and TCE use the same 1.0 (999cc) 3 cyl engine (which is an updated version of the older 0.9).

I am not car savy, anyone know if much difference in this?

With regards to the figures, as I have already answered this, I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you are asking?. You don't need to be car savvy to know, or work out, that 90 is 10% less than 100, nor that there is very little difference between 11.1 seconds and 11.5 seconds.

The bigger difference (around 21%) between the two torque figures you give is through using the 0.9, which as I said before, (AFAIK) is no longer used. The torque figure I have for the 1.0 TCE is 160NM from 2100-3750rpm, only 10NM (and less than 10%) behind the Bi-Fuel. I don't think it is likely you'd notice any difference in practice, especially as, for obvious reasons, the Bi-Fuel is a little heavier.

WHich would ou choose?

I have already answered this myself (as have others). But just to repeat, I wouldn't bother with the Bi-Fuel. My reasons being A, the Sandero isn't a thirsty car, so I don't see the savings as being worth bothering about. And B, the amount of places where you can actually buy LPG seems to be dwindling all the time. Also, not 100% sure about the Sandero, but for most cars converted for LPG, the tank goes in the spare wheel well. So you can't carry a spare wheel unless it is in the boot itself.

Thanks very helpful.

The dealership have sent me only some of the specs.

It says HP 90 for the non bi fuel and 100 for the bi fuel one. What is this and what difference will it make? I've asked dealership what the engine size is either 898 c.c or 999cc.

Been offered both and have only till tomorrow to decide as they are both canceled orders and I am stressed about which choice to make. I can get the non bi fuel by 2 weeks or the bi fuel by March. I have no idea which to choose. So long as there's no noticeable difference in the power etc I am happy with the non bi fuel.

I did read this The Bi-Fuel version (badged TCe 100 Bi-Fuel) benefits from a bit more power (99bhp) and can run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as well as regular unleaded. When running on LPG, it feels stronger from low engine speeds than the standard TCe 90 and, crucially, is also smoother and quieter. For that reason, it’s our pick of the range.

www.whatcar.com/dacia/sandero/hatchback/review/n55...d

Edited by Whichcar on 16/01/2022 at 14:49

I have no idea which to choose. So long as there's no noticeable difference in the power etc I am happy with the non bi fuel.

SLO sums it up perfectly

You’ll feel next to no difference in the road. A marginal performance difference is utterly irrelevant. If you have an LPG station nearby and the car is only marginally dearer then buy that if you can find one.

When we bought the Fabia we wanted the 110 PS version but got a 1/2 day test drive in the 95 PS demonstrator and it was fine. The garage then told us they had a 110 PS on the used lot which we tried and noticed little difference. Got a great deal on it but I would suggest the 6 speed box makes more difference to the car (the 95 PS has a 5 speed) than the extra 15 PS does, after all its only available when you are caning it above 3500 rpm which is not very often.

Think yourself lucky. My first car was a 1965 Ford Anglia with 39 BHP and a 0-60 time of 29 seconds.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - FiestaOwner
Been offered both and have only till tomorrow to decide as they are both canceled orders and I am stressed about which choice to make. I can get the non bi fuel by 2 weeks or the bi fuel by March. I have no idea which to choose. So long as there's no noticeable difference in the power etc I am happy with the non bi fuel.

As BBD said above, if you want to put a spare wheel in it then choose the TCe 90, as the gas tank for the Bi-Fuel version goes in the spare wheel well (in the boot).

I normally fill up at supermarkets and the 2 most convenient ones I use, don't have an LPG pump.

Both the TCe 90 and TCe 100 should be very sensible buys. I doubt you'll notice any real world difference, in performance, between the 2. I like the styling of the new Sandero and would seriously consider one myself.

I think most people on here would like to hear which one you choose and also how you get on with it in the future.

Thanks all very helpful.

It has helped me make decision and going for the 90.

Just a couple of questions. There's is obviously suppose to be a very slight difference in horse power but not actually really noticeable. Is this difference in power only if you are using the alternative LPG fuel? Or both the LPG and the petrol?

Just checking both are the same size engine ie the 1.0.

It does not have an inbuilt alarm but does have an imbolizer inbuilt.

Edited by Whichcar on 16/01/2022 at 17:58

Am I correct in my thinking that the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential has only a slight better power (99bhp) (not sure what bhp the Sandero Essential TCE 90 is - think its 88 bhp) which is only if using the LPG fuel?

Edited by Whichcar on 16/01/2022 at 19:35

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - _

The question has been answered.

Just let us know if you buy the car that is available.

Am I correct in my thinking that the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential has only a slight better power (99bhp) (not sure what bhp the Sandero Essential TCE 90 is - think its 88 bhp) which is only if using the LPG fuel?

Yes, only on LPG, on petrol it is the same power/torque as the non Bi-Fuel.

Yes, checked the technical details on the Dacia website to be sure, both use the 1.0 (999cc) engine.

No idea about that, check the Dacia website if is important to you

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - FiestaOwner
Just a couple of questions. There's is obviously suppose to be a very slight difference in horse power but not actually really noticeable. Is this difference in power only if you are using the alternative LPG fuel? Or both the LPG and the petrol?

Looking at the brochure (page 29). When running in petrol mode the Bi Fuel (TCe 100) has the same torque and power outputs as the TCe 90.

When running on LPG the Bi Fuel has a little bit more power (74kw vs 67kw) and torque (170Nm vs 160Nm. I will reiterate that in the real world, I doubt you'll notice the difference.

Don't see anything about alarms in the brochure, but I wouldn't worry about that as most people ignore them.

Think it's mandatory for new cars have to have an immobiliser these days (and this has been the case for a number of years). The brochure confirms it has an immobiliser (page 27).

Link to brochure: cdn.group.renault.com/dac/gb/transversal-assets/br...f

Thanks all so much on this path, you were all so helpful and can not thank you enough. I am going to buy the non Bi option. So long as all goes to plan and nothing gets in the way.

By the way, just looking on page 28 for Manual air-conditioning and it has a little greyed out area for Manual air-conditioning for the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe 90 Essential ???

Am I missing something? I thought for sure it had Manual air-conditioning ???

cdn.group.renault.com/dac/gb/transversal-assets/br...f

Edited by Whichcar on 16/01/2022 at 20:10

By the way, just looking on page 28 for Manual air-conditioning and it has a little greyed out area for Manual air-conditioning for the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe 90 Essential ???

Are you not in the UK?. I'm asking because that link isn't the Dacia UK website.

According to the Dacia UK website, and going by the pics of a nearly new Sandero I was looking at on Autotrader, the Essential trim does indeed have manual a/c.

However, going by the configurator on the Dacia UK website, you can't actually buy a Tce 90 in Essential trim, only the 1.0 SCe 65 and the Tce 100 Bi-Fuel. You can only get the Tce 90 in Comfort trim.

Thank you for this.

Yes in the UK.

It was an order from a few months ago and its just arriving next week and customer just canceled. So I presume it was available a few months ago for the UK but not anymore?

Does the car have a USB port which you can play music which is on the USB stick? or have another way to listen to music via a USB stick or MP3 player?

Yes in the UK.

It was an order from a few months ago and its just arriving next week and customer just canceled. So I presume it was available a few months ago for the UK but not anymore?

Not saying it is impossible, but it seems unlikely to me that they would change the specs of a new model so soon after its introduction. So i think I'd be wanting to confirm absolutely that this cancelled 'order' is the current model. It may have a cancelled 'sale' of a late old shape car which they had in stock. This would explain why they told you it was 898cc, as that is what the previous shape Sandero used, and it was also called the TCe90.

Does the car have a USB port which you can play music which is on the USB stick? or have another way to listen to music via a USB stick or MP3 player?

Don't know for sure, but most cars these days have at least one USB port, so I can't imagine the Sandero doesn't.

Are you not in the UK?. I'm asking because that link isn't the Dacia UK website.

According to the Dacia UK website, and going by the pics of a nearly new Sandero I was looking at on Autotrader, the Essential trim does indeed have manual a/c.

However, going by the configurator on the Dacia UK website, you can't actually buy a Tce 90 in Essential trim, only the 1.0 SCe 65 and the Tce 100 Bi-Fuel. You can only get the Tce 90 in Comfort trim.

BBD, I got the brochure link near the bottom of this page on the Dacia UK website (strange that the address has CDN.Renault on it though): www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/prices-versions.h...2

When I was looking at Autotrader yesterday I did see TCe 90's in Essential trim advertised. However, as BBD said further up check the one you are considering is definitely the new shape.

Both pages 20 and 28 in the brochure confirm the Essential has manual air conditioning. Page 28 has a black dot against Manual Air Conditioning for the Essential. This means it's standard.

The same pages also confirm it has a USB socket.

Edited by FiestaOwner on 16/01/2022 at 21:27

Thanks, so I should ask if the one I am getting is the New SHape? anything more specific I should ask ie the new shape 2020 etc? What is the difference, got to make sure I am not getting tricked?

This is what the dealership said

"As the car we are talking about was ordered for a customer a while ago it is no longer available to order from the factory and the TCE90 engine isn’t in the Current Price guide for the Sandero Range

Below is the current price guide for the Dacia Sandero range"

This is what the dealership emailed me.

ibb.co/1mjStx3

and

ibb.co/x1pFbwL

and

ibb.co/XXMm0jh

<a href="https://ibb.co/1mjStx3"><i*******"https://i.ibb.co/MCQXxLb/dacia-Screenshot-2022-01-16-221440.jpg" alt="dacia-Screenshot-2022-01-16-221440" border="0"></a>

Edited by Whichcar on 16/01/2022 at 22:21

Thanks, so I should ask if the one I am getting is the New SHape? anything more specific I should ask ie the new shape 2020 etc? What is the difference, got to make sure I am not getting tricked?

This is what the dealership said

"As the car we are talking about was ordered for a customer a while ago it is no longer available to order from the factory and the TCE90 engine isn’t in the Current Price guide for the Sandero Range

Below is the current price guide for the Dacia Sandero range"

Look at used Sandero's on auto trader to see the difference. Ones around 2018 will be the old shape.

The price lists you have posted are for the new shape. They do indeed do show that the TCe 90 was available in Essential trim.

Sorry, but I'm not entirely convinced by what you have been sent. This is because the first and second links contradict each other. First one shows that you do get the TCe90 in Essential trim, but the second one agrees with what I found on Dacia's website, which is that Essential trim can only be had with the SCe65 and TCe100 Bi-Fuel.

Given they have the car in stock, not sure why they can't just send a picture of it. This would confirm beyond any doubt whether it is the old or new shape Sandero.

And to clarify, the old shape car was sold up to 2021.

Just looked on the website and its clear enough to me that the Essential is only available with the SCE 65 and the TCE 100 Bi Fuel. The Comfort is available with the TCE 90.

Just looked in the October 2021 WhatCar and the TCE 90 Essential is listed at the same price as the BiFuel version. Must be the new model since the dimensions match current website.

Based on that I would suggest that the TCE 90 the OP is being offered is the current car but one that was built before the range was updated late last year.

But the OP needs to confirm by actually seeing it in the flesh.

Edited by thunderbird on 17/01/2022 at 10:33

Spoke to them again today and they confirmed its the TCE 90 current version, 999cc 1L.

It is a 5 seater isnt it right? Even the Access is a 5 seater right?

Speak to the dealer, they have the car to check. We can only guess.

It will be big enough to seat 5 but if its only got 2 rear seat belts then its only a 4 seater.

Find out quick, you said you had to order today.

I just spoke with the people themselves ie Dacia and they said ALL sanderos including the essential all have 5 seats.

All Sandero's are 5 seaters.

But hypothetically, if there was a 4 seat version, it would be a high spec car (with two individual seats in the rear), not a low spec one.

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - sammy1

Sandero has only a 2 star rating in the latest crash reports if this is of any help

Anyone know if the sandero essential meets the following? Price rises will be seen across all vehicles except for those producing less than 75 g/km of CO2.

Ok so the sandero essential is a 125 g /km of co2 so in Leyland terms how much extra is a driver of a sandero essential going to be paying extra with this extra tax? Anyone give any examples please?

Edited by Whichcar on 17/01/2022 at 23:45

Anyone know if the sandero essential meets the following? Price rises will be seen across all vehicles except for those producing less than 75 g/km of CO2

The banded rates are only for the first registration and are included in the list price.

For first and subsequent renewals for all cars registered after 01 April 2017 there are only 3 rates.

Petrol or diesel £155 a year

Electric vehicles £0 a year

Alternative fuel vehicles (thing that includes LPG as well as PHEV's) £145 a year.

If the car costs over £40,000 there is an extra charge for the first 5 payments.

Petrol and diesel, £490 a year

Electric £0

Alternative fuel vehicles £480 a year.

For a Sandero you will be paying £145 or £155 depending on the model form the first renewal.

Simples.

Dealerhip have offered me £349.00 for Gardx. Would you take it?

Im looking for a good Gap insurance quote, anyone used?

Anyone think using comparethemarket.com is a good website to use to get gap insurance?

I am conufused though as the questions on this website say:

a) Factory fitted thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser

b) Factory fitted thatcham approved alarm

c)Factory fitted non thatcham alarm/immobiliser

d) factory fitted non thatcham alarm

e) Factory fitted

f) None

I am looking on the manual

and it says it has a Engine immobiliser and nothing about an alarm, so it obviously has no alarm but which option do I tick? Theres no option for just a Engine immobiliser???

Don't know what Gardx is. But, if it is one of those paint protection coatings, no, I wouldn't.

Don't know anything about gap insurance, but I'd start on one of these insurance comparison websites.

As for the alarm/imobiliser question. As has been mentioned on the thread before, all new cars have immobilisers, so you are being asked what, if anything, there is on top of that. So your answer would be f) None

A definite NO for any treatments offered such as GuardX. Cost the garage pence yet they charge hundreds.

You can buy GAP insurance on-line for less than 1/2 the dealer price. Go to any comparison site for a quote.

As for immobiliser/alarm questions I always say Standard Factory Fitted. I never elaborate on that, how an I expected to know what is on the car?

Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential - Anyone help me locate a brand new Dacia Sandero? - Gibbo_Wirral

Regarding the Rio, I'd have a good test drive before committing.

When the OH wanted to replace her 2012 Ceed she found that the new Rio was about the same physical size. But she said the build quality was shocking in comparison to her old car - cheaper interior and plastics and the car was woefully underpowered.