What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Huawei car - movilogo

Didn't know that Huawei makes cars too!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9Hpr9tUi0

Makes me wonder with EVs look and feel same across manufacturers, how they will differentiate one car from another (similar model)?

ICE cars had so much different characteristics for engine, vibration, sound, handling etc. EVs are just boxes on wheels with motors. Some batteries are better than others. It is difficult to get excited over fridge or washing machines. EVs are turning cars into kitchen white goods.

For phones nobody cares what model you have. All people care about operating system - whether you are Android or iOS camp because it is OS which affects overall user experience of the phone.

I think EVs are going to exactly same path.

Edited by movilogo on 03/01/2022 at 14:15

Huawei car - groaver

I agree although I think the "white goods" term could also be labelled at the ICE "SUVs" as well.

Huawei car - _

I agree although I think the "white goods" term could also be labelled at the ICE "SUVs" as well.

That is all they are to me now !!!

Huawei car - movilogo

ICE SUVs have lot more variation - HEV, PHEV, petrol, diesel, with(out) turbo, TC, DCT, CVT etc.

Huawei car - groaver

Yes but they tend to drive like a refrigerator!

Huawei car - edlithgow

Possibly they'll attempt to individualise through more styling options. This seems to be the case with electric scooters here in Taiwan, especially the ultra bling models favoured by the Indonesian guest workers.

Or you could just acquire "patina" by crashing into...er...interacting with the environment a bit (or by natural aging, if that is an option with a modern car.)

To get the same level of attention that I get with my worthless bur unusually scruffy Skywing from a new car, I would need to have something like a Zonda, though that would admittedly be more positive attention

Huawei car - badbusdriver

To get the same level of attention that I get with my worthless bur unusually scruffy Skywing from a new car, I would need to have something like a Zonda, though that would admittedly be more positive attention

Nonsense!, all you need is a very eye-catching vinyl wrap. I'm sure there are places in Taiwan who would do it. Something like this,

1105-print-and-wrap-optimized.jpg

or perhaps this,

lava-wrap-design-no-black-rock-car-full-view.jpg

Huawei car - edlithgow

Nonsense!, all you need is a very eye-catching vinyl wrap. I'm sure there are places in Taiwan who would do it. Something like this,

Nope. Seriously scruffy wins in this culture, where cars must be new and shiny to avoid unbearable shame.

I doubt a wrap (IF it could be persuaded to stick to the contaminated surface) would generate the same level of aversion unless illegally obscene. Would old ladies come up and shake their heads at it while parked? I doubt it.

Plus it would cost money and involve an...er...uncool level of effort.

Might help individualise an electric though.

Huawei car - Bolt

Didn't know that Huawei makes cars too!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9Hpr9tUi0

Makes me wonder with EVs look and feel same across manufacturers, how they will differentiate one car from another (similar model)?

ICE cars had so much different characteristics for engine, vibration, sound, handling etc. EVs are just boxes on wheels with motors. Some batteries are better than others. It is difficult to get excited over fridge or washing machines. EVs are turning cars into kitchen white goods.

For phones nobody cares what model you have. All people care about operating system - whether you are Android or iOS camp because it is OS which affects overall user experience of the phone.

I think EVs are going to exactly same path.

Well, looks like Sony may go into the car business as they might make EVs as well!

Sony announces Vision-S electric SUV in challenge to Tesla | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

Huawei car - groaver

It really will be all about the interior environment and "entertainment" rather than how the vehicle drives.

*Sigh*

I'll be sorry to see this come to pass.