What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - Chris M

Well I thought the cars used on TG's SIARPC were probably scrap once they were finished with, but apparently not.

photos.app.goo.gl/gs9rao5Qu5CohnYx5

Parked up next to this this morning. I thought, why would you have that on the bonnet until I walked round to the rear. Registration number ties up and the owner is obviously proud of the car's history. Sort of sad and interesting at the same time.

Edited by Chris M on 24/09/2021 at 15:55

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - Engineer Andy

Given the recent jump in car prices, I doubt if this car will be 'reasonably priced' any more...been seeing a LOT of bog standard cars with asking prices of around 50% of the RRP new price even when 5 years old.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - mcb100
I came across the original Suzuki Lianas at Suzuki GB’s head office a few years ago, two identical cars (same registration number) fully kitted with roll cages, race seats and harnesses.
I’m passing next week, I’ll have a look to see if they’re still there…
Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - edlithgow

When TG did the "Cheap Porsche" item and Hammond was allegedly unable to sell his 600 quid 924 (cheapest and least broken) at the end. I remember wondering if they played fair and kept the provenance a secret.

It would have sold at a premium for sure with the history, though I'd have bought it anyway.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - badbusdriver

Liana is actually an acronym which stands for 'Life In A New Age'. Catchy eh, and not at all pretentious!.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - mcb100
That sounds like one of those retrospectively applied acronyms, like LEAF - Leading Environmentally Friendly Affordable Family Car, which needs a bit of imagination to make work.
Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - Chris M

"That sounds like one of those retrospectively applied acronyms"

I hadn't realised.

Another Stylish Terrifically Reliable Automobile

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car - alan1302

When TG did the "Cheap Porsche" item and Hammond was allegedly unable to sell his 600 quid 924 (cheapest and least broken) at the end. I remember wondering if they played fair and kept the provenance a secret.

It would have sold at a premium for sure with the history, though I'd have bought it anyway.

It's TV so expect he could not sell it to make it more of a fun piece of TV and something to laugh at.