What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Renault Megane Dynamique convertible - Problems straight after mot pass - TAMBARA VACCARO

Fault symbol, cruise control also not working, dashboard lights flash, also the gear change symbol doesn't come up now all post mot next day , didnt really notice when i left the garage. As only live a short distance please can someone tell me where i stand with the garage as none of these where a problem before the mot. Many thanks T

Renault Megane Dynamique convertible - Problems straight after mot pass - Andrew-T

By all means go back to them and report. But - unless you asked them to do other work - the MoT test does nothing to the car's innards beyond starting the engine and running it to measure the emissions. On paper it looks like a coincidence - unless they have tinkered with something to create work ... :-(

Renault Megane Dynamique convertible - Problems straight after mot pass - Falkirk Bairn

Probably a coincidence

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins and then re-connect - a bit like the computer when it hangs - a re-boot solves lots of issues.

Make sure battery terminals are on tightly and have the code for the radio if it needs one!

Renault Megane Dynamique convertible - Problems straight after mot pass - pd

Clutch position sensor or possibly brake switch sounds likely causes

Renault Megane Dynamique convertible - Problems straight after mot pass - Galaxy

My niece used to own a Renault Megane.

On one occasion she experienced very similar symptoms to what you describe, OP, after having her car cleaned and valeted. Clearly some moisture had found it's way into the electrics which isn't difficult on a Renault! They aren't renowned for the quality of their electrics, I'm afraid.

The fault cleared after running the heater on full for about an hour and drying everything out.

You didn't happen to have your car cleaned after the MOT did you, OP?