What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Insurance and self driving - primus 1

Having just renewed my insurance policy and deciding to go with another company, I was reading my policy documents ( as I’m sure everyone on here does) when I came to a section about automated self driving cars, it says I won’t be covered if I have an accident if the car is driving itself, I don’t have a self driving car, or do I.?, my car can park itself, either reversing into a space ( used it twice) or parallel parking ( not tried it) , now I still have to use the accelerator and brake but the car does everything else, now is this classed as self driving, yes I know it’s only parking, but if I have an accident and have to claim whilst using this feature would I be covered..?

Insurance and self driving - Lee Power

Ask your insurance company via email - that way there reply is recorded / presentable in the event of a claim dispute.

Insurance and self driving - Bolt

I thought that was park assist as you do some of the work, car only assists in parking, self driving means car does it all for you.

Insurance and self driving - primus 1

I thought that was park assist as you do some of the work, car only assists in parking, self driving means car does it all for you.

I thought so too but you know what insurance companies are like, However, proving that the system was in use would be difficult

Insurance and self driving - Sofa Spud

This isn't a new issue. Imagine a situation with a faulty automatic gearbox which selects neutral when the driver uses kickdown while overtaking.