What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
An enjoyable morning - primus 1

You’ll think I’m mad but I spent an enjoyable morning cleaning the mil,s car, it’s a thirteen year old Citroen c4 Picasso, it’s got a few dings and stone chips so I know I would be ok using a waterless wash without fear of causing any further damage, it’s only when you get close up and personal that you notice things, sure the alloys are starting to bubble in places, and , as mentioned the odd stone chip, but it’s in remarkable condition for its age, I was quite impressed with all the features, plenty of storage cubbies, fold out tables for the rear passengers, and plenty of room, not sure of the mileage, but I guess it’s not much, it’s done the odd airport trip when they used to go abroad, but up until her hubby passed at the end of last year, it’s not been anywhere save for the odd local trip, it passed its mot recently, and she was asked if it were for sale, I don’t think much has gone wrong with it either, a new cam belt last year, but her son looks after any mechanical issues, so just the wear and tear/ servicing stuff needed, It surprised me how taken I was with it, if er indoors could drive one, I’d seriously consider getting one, newer of course…anyway I’ve finished my rambling…and no, I don’t work for Citroen…

An enjoyable morning - _

My not so enjoyable morning was coming up to a T junction and narrowly missing a taxi who was cutting the corner so much he could have been driving on the right..

Grrh.

An enjoyable morning - Engineer Andy

I could make a joke about MILs, but perhaps not...

Saw a lovely vintage VW Beetle today whilst out for my afternoon constitutional, looked immacculate.

The original post reminds me that my car needs the once over with the bucket and sponge.

An enjoyable morning - John F

You’ll think I’m mad but I spent an enjoyable morning cleaning the mil,s car,......

Absolutely not. (Mileage?). Perfectly normal behaviour for car lovers. I also spent an enjoyable day (it was so dirty and neglected) servicing our twenty year old 150,000+miles Focus in which our son arrived for a rare visit with the oil level just touching the tip of the dipstick. I had to put in 1.5 litres from my store of old engine oil to restore the level at least to the minimum mark. Then dispatched him to Halfords with a flea in his ear (DONT YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING I TOLD YOU £$%^&) to buy a can of their finest 5 - 30 and a filter. Also brushed and washed the old filthy air filter (I suppose I should have told him to buy another one as an additional financial penance) which contained lots of black microparticles (he lives NE of London). Best technique is to agitate it in hot water. Surprising how long it took to dry - just like our Dyson filter does. Anyway, he says it's running really well now - probably the usual psychological effect of having a car serviced. The old oil got wiped liberally all over the springs and the now rusty subframe and other suspension bits. Might get another year's MoT in April after next winter....might not.

An enjoyable morning - Chris M

"The old oil got wiped liberally all over the springs and the now rusty subframe and other suspension bits."

Guess it saves pouring it down the drain.

An enjoyable morning - Andrew-T

"The old oil got wiped liberally all over the springs and the now rusty subframe and other suspension bits."

Guess it saves pouring it down the drain.

If it's on the springs I guess it will get there eventually ....