What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - paul97

Hi

I'm thinking of changing my Mazda CX-3 to the Micra as my wife finds the Mazda to big to handle. I'm thinking of changing to the Micra Techa 117bhp model and would appreciate any advice/feedback.

TIA

Paul

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - _

No experience, but HJ review here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k14-201.../

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - badbusdriver

The Micra is basically a Renault Clio in an angular suit.

If it is new, not a bad car really, but there are better choices out there. I wouldn't bother myself unless for the convenience of a friendly, family run, local dealer.

Or a spectacularly good deal!,

Edited by badbusdriver on 20/03/2021 at 13:41

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - chris87
Not sure about the car, but the “premium” BOSE sound system will be the biggest disappointment ever. Paper speakers, literally! Don’t be fooled by the “brand”, it’s less than average quality.
1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - mcb100

It's an OK small hatch that doesn't do anything particularly well, and I suspect it won't last forever in the Nissan line-up.

Have you had a look at the current Peugeot 208 or Renault Clio?

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - skidpan

Having had 2 Micras followed by a Note since 2005 when we were looking to swap the Note in 2018 it was back to the Nissan dealer and we looked at the current Micra (K14 in Nissan speak) but to be honest we were not really impressed. It was very expensive for starters and the dealer did not seem interested in selling us one.

Bought a Skoda Fabia 1.0 TSi 110 PS SE-L. Got it for about £6000 less than a similarly speced Micra and whilst not as "funky" looking at least the Fabia fits normal people and plenty of luggage.

Plenty out there, mostly 95 PS versions but its worth searching out the 110 PS ones, its worth the bit extra, cost us about £600.

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - daveyjp

Rather have a Yaris 1.5. Similar power and no turbo to worry about,

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - skidpan

Rather have a Yaris 1.5. Similar power and no turbo to worry about,

Its the turbo that makes modern small engined cars great to drive, loads of mid range go, they drive like much bigger engines. Its not all about power, you only find the max quoted right at the top of the rev range, an area where very few of us venture regularly.

Turbo's rarely go wrong, nothing to worry about.

Modern small turbo's are also very economical unlike old school non turbo's.

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - daveyjp

I've had cars with small engine and turbo and have suffered turbo failure, thankfully the warranty paid the four figure bill.

It doesn't take much hunting to find reports of turbos failing on small engines, including the VAG 1.0TSi. Its usually actuators which can't be swapped, so its £1500 for a new actuator and turbo.

No chance of that problem without a turbo and the 1.5 Yaris does 50+ mpg.

1.0 IG-T 117 Tekna with BOSE Audio, Should I BUY? - Nissan Micra 2019-2020 - paul97

Thanks for all the input guys,I'll take a look at your suggestions.