What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - Windscreen lack trim detraching - beecee

I run a September 2009 1.8 Auto. I took it with mileage of 29 in Feb 2000, it had been sitting on a dealer forecourt for close on six months, so I got a good price. I've always followed Hon John's advice and changed the oil every 5k or six months and the car has never let me down in 173k.The trim that seals the front screen to the body now protrudes at both front top corners. The screen was replaced maybe fifteen years ago. The glass is fine, my question is, this plastic trim is quite solid, is there an adhesive that can be applied and it fix it back as water is now able to drain in behind the plastic. Regards BC

Honda Accord - Windscreen lack trim detraching - elekie&a/c doctor
The windscreen will be bonded to the body of the car . The plastic finisher is really only cosmetic. There are plenty of silicone bonding adhesives available that should be able to resecure the plastic strip .

Thanks. This trim is pretty solid, I'm not sure it will esaly be forced back under the glass, fortunately it does now stick out more than a couple of inched. If this was on a door, than I think it was a safery issue. BC

Honda Accord - Windscreen lack trim detraching - bathtub tom

Have you considered taking it to a windscreen replacement place and let them deal with it?

Honda Accord - Windscreen lack trim detraching - Bolt

Aren`t they clipped in place at the side of screen like the Civic, I could be wrong but I thought they had 4 or 5 long thin yellow clips mounted underneath the strip, if you lift it you can see them and use a flathead driver to release and replace them

I`m sure I see them being replaced on You Tube a few weeks ago? worth a look though and gather clips are cheap

sorry if that doesn`t help

Thanks I'll take a look. BC

Yeah that's a line I'm cinsidering but expect it'll be a few bob.