What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - Buying Pre reg van / warranty / private plates - anyname

Hi I have my eye on a pre reg van that still has some warranty left on it; if I buy it and then re register it to a private number plate, would this cause issues with the warranty ?

Thanks

Any - Buying Pre reg van / warranty / private plates - Bromptonaut

With a reputable dealer and warranty provider no.

Any - Buying Pre reg van / warranty / private plates - SLO76

Curious question but no, a plate change will have no effect on any remaining warranty. What will ruin the show is if the vehicle doesn’t have a full main dealer service history.

Any - Buying Pre reg van / warranty / private plates - badbusdriver

Pre-reg to me, is a description for a vehicle up to a few months old, that has been registered for whatever reason, and has minimal amount of miles. So it should still have most of its warranty remaining, not just some. Arguably pre-reg could also be described as used, but if it only has some warranty remaining, it definitely sounds 2nd hand rather than pre-reg!.

As to the question, no, putting a private reg on it will have no effect on the warranty.

Any - Buying Pre reg van / warranty / private plates - Manatee

I bought a pre-reg in Feb 17, car was registered in December. Although the car was unused the first service was due in Dec 17, and 5 year warranty will expire in December 21. Just be aware.