What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Renault Zoe - Faulty Zoe - timl_

Hi, I recently (within the last 3 months) purchased a 2016 Renault Zoe - when it arrived it had no working air con/heating (which is needed for the battery charging system to function correctly).

The dealer finally got round to 'fixing it', which involved simply regassing the air con system as it was empty. They gave it back to me, despite the compressor making a grinding noise, and lo and behold it's stopped working again less than 24 hours later.

What rights do I have to reject the car? Is it wise to let them have another go at repairing it? I paid using credit card.

Renault Zoe - Faulty Zoe - badbusdriver

Hi, I recently (within the last 3 months) purchased a 2016 Renault Zoe - when it arrived it had no working air con/heating (which is needed for the battery charging system to function correctly).

The dealer finally got round to 'fixing it', which involved simply regassing the air con system as it was empty. They gave it back to me, despite the compressor making a grinding noise, and lo and behold it's stopped working again less than 24 hours later.

What rights do I have to reject the car? Is it wise to let them have another go at repairing it? I paid using credit card.

rejecting-a-car

Renault Zoe - Faulty Zoe - daveyjp

If the compressor has gone and is grinding the whole system is probably full of metal swarf and will need replacing.

You need to read up on your rights to a repair or refund, but as they have had a chance to repair you may be in a strong position to reject.

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/