What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - barney100

Just done 1900 miles in two weeks, Hampshire to the Yorkshire dales in our 2008 140k V70d. Car fully loaded for the trip up and back then a mixture of A roads through to one track roads. Used £220 of diesel and no oil at all. I'll try to work out mpg sometime. All in all very impressed, the old girl took it in her stride but I'm knackered!

Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - Xileno

For a V70 that's barely stretching its legs. They were built to last in those days. If you keep it well serviced it will last for many more years.

Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - RT

For a V70 that's barely stretching its legs. They were built to last in those days. If you keep it well serviced it will last for many more years.

By 2008, Volvo were sharing with the Ford Mondeo - you may be thinking of the earlier generation

Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - Avant

I'd have thought a 2008 2.0 TDI Mondeo if properly maintained would have had a good chance of doing that trip too.

At least Ford didn't have the same effect on Volvo as GM did on SAAB.

Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - Xileno

Possibly. I was thinking of the D5 model. Some of our friends who spend half their time in France clocked up some big mileage in one with very few issues. A big relaxing turbo-diesel and leather seats made for an enjoyable motorway drive.

Volvo V70 - Holiday trip - barney100
It is indeed a D5 2008. Our previous V70 made around 200000k before an pricey repair made it uneconomical you fix. Got this one for £8k 4 years ago.