What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford and VW get cosy - Trilogy.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-and-volkswagen-firm-ambitious-alliance-plans

Ford and VW get cosy - alan1302

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-and-volkswagen-firm-ambitious-alliance-plans

Think there may be a few more tie ups like this in the near future - think EV costs are high and manufacturers wanting to share costs out.

Ford and VW get cosy - thunderbird

Ford and VW have been matey before. Remember the original Galaxy, same car was sold as the VW Sharan and Seat Alhambra. All made in the same Portuguese factory. All used the same engines except Ford used their own 2.3 petrol in the poverty model whereas Seat and VW used their own 2 litre.

Ford and VW get cosy - alan1302

Ford and VW have been matey before. Remember the original Galaxy, same car was sold as the VW Sharan and Seat Alhambra. All made in the same Portuguese factory. All used the same engines except Ford used their own 2.3 petrol in the poverty model whereas Seat and VW used their own 2 litre.

Had forgotten about that tie up they had.

Ford and VW get cosy - elekie&a/c doctor
Remember those . Gen 1 Galaxy could also be had with the VW 2.8 Vr6 engine . Diesels were all Vw . Either the early 1.9 di or the later 1.9 Pd engines .
Ford and VW get cosy - Engineer Andy

I remember that. I was so hoping that Ford would build it at their Dagenham plant and call it the 'Tracy' instead of the Galaxy. :-)

I suspect there will be a lot more tie-ups sooner rather than later, given the economic worries due to the pandemic. I just heard that my local major employer, Johnson Matthey (who make most catalytic converters) are shedding 2500 jobs worldwide over the next year.

It wouldn't surprise me that we see a good number of established names in the motoring industry either get gobbled up by rivals, part bought-out or just wither and die (GM), as well as these tie-ups. I know that Mazda now have a tie-up with Toyota to jointly develop hybrid and electric vehicles.

Ford and VW get cosy - jc2

Hardly just poverty model;Ford used both 2.0 DOHC and the 2.3 in ALL trim levels.

Ford and VW get cosy - Zippy123

Ford has a long history of working for the Germans, making them over 100,000 trucks in the early 1940s.

Ford and VW get cosy - expat

Ford has a long history of working for the Germans, making them over 100,000 trucks in the early 1940s.

As did Opel which was owned by GM from 1929 to 2017. I doubt if the factory management had much choice at the time. BMW radial aero engines in WWII used designs licenced from Pratt and Whitney in 1928 and developed from that.