What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Air conditioning fault - AndyEdward

I have a ford focus 2010 (mk2 facelift / mk2.5).. my air conditioning seems to be 'clicking' on and off whilst driving which causes a change in acceleration. The AC light remains illuminated and whilst idling, I can hear the condenser is on but can hear a click under acceleration which goes when I turn the AC off.

I had the condenser replaced around 3 or 4 years ago after a stone punctured the old one and when that happened, although the AC light remained illuminated, nothing kicked on I.e. condesor didn't kick in when you turned the AC button on and off. I was told this was because the air con gas was too low due to the leak in the condenser and a safety feature to avoid damage to the AC parts.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm hoping the air con gas is on the limit of being too low just through natural loss and just needs a recharge but feeling this might be too simple!

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks

Andy

Ford Focus - Air conditioning fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Very likely to be a low gas charge . The ac pump clutch will cycle in/out more often if there is inadequate gas in the system .