Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - joegrundy

Took her into my (very) trusted indy today for front tyres. Rears are still very good (last time had four cheapos) so had new on front - planning that now all four will meed changing next time. Have spare set of 16" wheels if I really want to get into this but they need blasting/painting.

'Chwarae teg' ('fair play') as we say here, when I collected the car he had done the tyres, checked/topped the coolant, oil, brake and steering fluids, put it up om the ramp and given it a quick pre-mot to check she was ok for the winter. (Nothing to report).

Total cost: £115 plus a tin of chocolate biscuits for the boys' tea break.

The new tyres may outlast the car, of course.

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - craig-pd130

That's good news. I liked the TDCi motor in my Mondeo IV estate: it was willing and punchy. My only criticism was the gearbox ratios were too wide in some places and too close in others. There was a big gap between 3rd and 4th, and 4th was slightly too long, which blunted in-gear performance. But the gap between 4th and 5th was too narrow for 5th to be really usable.

Mind you, I came to the Mondeo from a Passat PD130 sport with the 6-speed box. The ratios of that were ideally matched to the engine's characteristics.

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - Avant

"The new tyres may outlast the car, of course."

I'm not so sure - you got a good one in the first place and are now looking after it well..

Ignore the stupid comment from llos (formerly Collos25).

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - oldroverboy.

"The new tyres may outlast the car, of course."

I'm not so sure - you got a good one in the first place and are now looking after it well..

Ignore the stupid comment from llos (formerly Collos25).

And I believe formerly Andy bairstow?

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - Avant

Correct - that's no doubt his real name.

I can't think why, after a gap of three years, he has come back just to make comments like this, and similarly unhelpful comments on other threads.

Jaguar X-Type 2.0d 2004 182k - The Old Girl Rolls On - SLO76
Love to hear about high mileage heroes as I call them. I’ve often chatted to taxi drivers who’ve covered massive mileages in their cars and I’ve flogged a fair number of big milers but I’ve never really owned one myself. Thinking back and the highest mileage I’ve ever taken a car to was 120,000.